Thiel CS3.6

I own an ARC VT100 MKII and can get a Thiel CS3.6 at a reasonable price. Is the VT100 capable of driving the 3.6 adequately?
jld1965
Unsound and Cmalak, I do not see in the manual where they say a VAC 30/30 class A amp will not work. I guess the VAC design studio was wrong. The Thiel manual says that that you should use a 100 watt amp. Is that 100 class A or class a/b? Are they they the same, I think not, my 30 watt class A amp as you infer will not work but my VAC 100 watt class a/b will? Both VAC amps can drive the same speakers, although I believe the 30 watt class A amp has more drive than the well reviewed 100 watt a/b amp.
On a side note I remember reading an article(Audio, Absolute Sound or Stereophile)years ago, that a high percentage of Thiel customers used Adcom 545 and 555 amps. Ouch that must of hurt ones ears, metal and solid state.
My Thiels sounded like crap until I finlly bought a Threshold SA3. Only 50 watts but high current and smooth. Lovely combo. One of the stupidest things I've done in audio was to sell this amp when I sold my speakers because my new speakers needed more power, lots more. I've never used tube amps with Thiels but I did use a tube pre-amp in combo with the Threshold. Sounded pretty good!

Jab, I tried Adcom and Perreauxs - my ears still hurt! :-)
It'd be fun to hear a high watt/high current ss amp on my 3.6s, but I've been using a pair of Quicksilver 90 watt monos for a while. Maybe a tad loose on the bottom end on some recordings, but overall quite nice sounding. Good luck.
If the amp is comfortable at 2 ohms and the room is not too large, it should work fine. The Thiels crave current drive, not necessarily high wattage. If they don't get the current they need, they will sound bright and thin. Also, you should have 3 feet or more open to the sides and shouldn't sit closer than 8 feet from them.
If you give them those things, they are a delight, and one of the biggest bargains in used gear.