Absolute top tier DAC for standard res Redbook CD

Hi All.

Putting together a reference level system.
My Source is predominantly standard 16/44 played from a MacMini using iTunes and Amarra. Some of my music is purchased from iTunes and the rest is ripped from standard CD's.
For my tastes in music, my high def catalogues are still limited; so Redbook 16/44 will be my primary source for quite some time.

I'm not spending DCS or MSB money. But $15-20k retail is not out of the question.

Upsampling vs non-upsampling?
USB input vs SPDIF?

All opinions welcome.

And I know I need to hear them, but getting these ultra $$$ DAC's into your house for an audition ain't easy.

Looking for musical, emotional, engaging, accurate , with great dimension. Not looking for analytical and sterile.
mattnshilp
BTW, I am looking for a nice CD Transport to play with... Redbook only Is just fine with me here.

Any recommendations? Looking for around $2K tops.... Now it is going to go through the reclocker, but this only attenuates jitter, so the digital source still matters.
Georgelofi- the Totaldac Server is not a DAC. There is a d1-Integral at around $10,000 (I think) which includes an entry level DAC.

What I'd like to see from Totaldac is fewer confusing configurations and much more competitive pricing for the flagship set-up. How about simply a traditional digital transport (server; 2TB+ storage) and the 3-box d1-twelve at around $15,000. The "system-twelve", which includes NAS storage, is currently priced at over 30,000 Euro. Yikes.

Maybe Vincent should move out of France if that is creating costs? Anyhow, I hope Totaldac doesn't end up becoming a luxury brand as there are more than enough already to satisfy the biggest spenders.

Regards, Josh
The Totaldac Twelve is not cheap to make, no matter where he is located... 600 .01% foil resistors, at $20 a piece retail, it is easy to see where the bulk of the costs are. Add to that SOTA Parts, inputs, outputs, power supplies, cases, boards.... It is a luxury item, no getting around that, and it is built to be. That is why he offers several more affordable DAC's that still beat out anything at their respective prices, IMO.
08-14-15: Paul79
The Totaldac Twelve is not cheap to make, no matter where he is located... 600 .01% foil resistors, at $20 a piece retail, it is easy to see where the bulk of the costs are. Add to that SOTA Parts, inputs, outputs, power supplies, cases, boards.... It is a luxury item, no getting around that, and it is built to be. That is why he offers several more affordable DAC's that still beat out anything at their respective prices, IMO.

Agreed Paul. I looked closely at Totaldac (along with CAD) before going with Lampizator. His stuff is labor intensive and expensive to make. Most dac makers use off the shelf parts made in China and still manage to charge an obscene amount. I use his USB cable which is great. Vincent is a MIT-level engineer and the real deal. I am glad you are grooving on his products.