Absolute top tier DAC for standard res Redbook CD

Hi All.

Putting together a reference level system.
My Source is predominantly standard 16/44 played from a MacMini using iTunes and Amarra. Some of my music is purchased from iTunes and the rest is ripped from standard CD's.
For my tastes in music, my high def catalogues are still limited; so Redbook 16/44 will be my primary source for quite some time.

I'm not spending DCS or MSB money. But $15-20k retail is not out of the question.

Upsampling vs non-upsampling?
USB input vs SPDIF?

All opinions welcome.

And I know I need to hear them, but getting these ultra $$$ DAC's into your house for an audition ain't easy.

Looking for musical, emotional, engaging, accurate , with great dimension. Not looking for analytical and sterile.
mattnshilp
Matt one more to broaden your horizons. I think its front ported:
http://www.foersteraudiotechnik.de/prod_fa73_en.htm
Gear, these are the ones I would love for Matt to hear and report back on. Useful refernce point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eU4sEIpj5M

The Prologos Mk2 wireless, not the Prologos+ mk2.

The "normal" prologos is their most dynamic speaker and is capable of max spl of 120db. It has 2 Telos amps and Alize Dacs built into each box, and Proteus/Leonardo (DSP/DRC)software implemented.
Norman, what is the price tag? The Tenor's made Matt blush. Goldmund really bends u over. I would not necessarily want their amps and/or dac. Friends who have heard their stuff on several occasions always went away feeling it was little on the Swiss/clinical side....
The PL Mk2 is $70K with mech grounding stands.

They are NOT clinical according to my pal and the 6moons reviews...more on the Musical side. Based on my demo of the Anatta with the claimed PLogos sound signature backs up that claim. The Anattas are a big OUCH at $250K a pair.

Remember, the Wireless all in ones wont sound the same as separates and my pal said that wireless also thrashed the wired setup with the same speaker.
Wired as in Preamp to speakers as opposed to only just wifi.

The point is not for Matt to buy them, but more to get a reference point for that kind of sound possibility. Plus he will have fun on that small adventure.