Looking for really fine cables at really low price

I have been listening to excellent sounding Exemplar exception cables for the last several weeks. While my HFCables are better they are also much more expensive than the below $500 cables.

They offer an excellent sound stage, dynamics, and top to bottom quality sound. Not only are they inexpensive but they are very portable and easy to install.

I am not a dealer or investor in this company.
tbg
Al, Thanks so much in particular for this comment.

"Regarding natural vs. artificial materials, it stands to reason that the characteristics of the insulating materials surrounding a conductor can affect the sonics of a cable in various ways. But I would be (very) hesitant to draw any general conclusions about natural vs. artificial without extensive and carefully controlled comparisons."

Folks, forgive the rant of a professional chemist and amateur philosopher. Nothing exists physically that is not made of chemicals or elements, which in turn are made of protons, neutrons, and electrons. Stated in philosophical terms, chemicals (and their constituent parts) are the material cause of all that exists, whether they be made by sentient or nonsentient efficient causes. Protons, electrons, and neutrons or their derivatives don't think. They do not know what or where they are, or how they came to be. Cotton is almost pure cellulose, which is a chemical. Cellulose does not know if its efficient cause is biosynthetic or not. It does not know or care how it came to be. It does not know if it was manufactured by people in a chemical plant or by "natural" means in a cotton plant that grows in the ground. The same is true of silk or latex rubber.

If one inherently rejects anything "artificially made," then what are you going to do for a conductor? The tin plated copper wires don't grow on trees. They are manufactured by humans in factories. The music we listen to is largely synthetic, coming into existence by the deliberate design and execution of human beings. Not many of you, I'm guessing restrict your listening to the songs of humpback whales. Nor do many of you, I think, travel by means of an all natural wooden wagon pulled by all natural mules. The outer jackets of your vacuum tubes are made of glass, not of silk.

Shall I go on?
Thank you Almarg

This does sound reasonable:
"un-shielded cable giving the perception of more air and top end extension".

But in this case I am hearing this openness throughout the entire frequency range. To my ears I hear a more fully developed harmonic structure from the bass thru the treble that I would argue sounds like it is simply the way these cables sound. Wouldn't it be great if we could all get togehter in the same room for some listening!!

Grannyring- looking forward to your observations once you build the second pair of IC's. This will be interesting.

This goes to Charles's suggestion: I have this idea: pull off all of the insulation from some WE16ga stranded wire and then re insulate it with cotton shoe lacing. Building WE16ga interconnects in this manner would let us find out what influence that rubber insulation has. Jet
Great posts.
Brownsfan,
How are the WE14ga working out? Plus, can we start the football season with a Giantsfan victory?! I'll let you know soon about the Capacitor/resistor/internal wire change results.
Rob,
The WE14 tentatively seems to be working out well, as does the Belden. I am getting about 3-5 hours a day of burn in listening to Chopin during dinner and watching movies with my beloved wife in the evening. I even ordered some opera dvds yesterday! Given that my source is a less than spectacular Oppo 93, things are sounding pretty good. I'm still doing some work on getting all the music and video streaming functionality working. Once I have about 40-50 hours of burn in, I will bring a decent source downstairs and really do an evaluation. While I won't have the luxury of an A/B with the WE 16, I should be able to make a judgment as to if the 14 generally matches the character of the 16 as all of you have described it.
As for football, I am of course most happy to wish the Giants a win. Good thing you are not a JETS JETS JETS fan, in which case I could not be so accommodating.

I will certainly be very interested in hearing about the Dynamo mods as the new caps and wire settle in. That amp in stock form is just a little treasure. I am also very interested in the single ended EL 34 pentode amp that Dan Wright is working on. It is a stunningly beautiful design, and by all accounts its music is just as beautiful as its appearance. I'm guessing it is going to be a little pricey though.
Brownsfan,
Jets, NEVER! I'll put the Browns on my "to root for list."

That Dan Wright looks like a beautiful piece, hope it sounds great as well. I guess I'll get to hear at RMAF, if I make it. ??? Best, Rob