Newbie, old timer or returned to analog?

I remember in the 80's lots of folks were dumping vinyl. Seems to me that vinyl folks seem to fall in one of 3 categories- either you're new to vinyl, you've never abandoned vinyl, or you dumped your vinyl and have re-entered the vinyl world.

I started buying vinyl in the 70's and never gave up on vinyl. Sure I bought a CD player at some point but I never got rid of a single LP. And I am still buying vinyl. Can't recall the last cd I bought though.

How about you? Where on the spectrum are you?
128x128zavato
Have been buying vinyl since I was a kid, like Zavato cannot remember last time I bought a CD.

Good Listening

Peter
Vinyl since the 70's.

Did not buy CD/SACDs until 2010 when digital playback was acceptable to me.

into vinyl in my youth until the kids and CD's came along in the early 80's so was out of it until 1995. but more my life was kids and not a music focus.

then the kids left and I got into high end audio and vinyl and i've been back and big time into vinyl for the last 20 years.

I've been hot and cold on digital over these last 20 years; CD's allowed me to explore music and expand my horizons. never been anti-digital. today digital is quite wonderful.....but still not vinyl or tape.

Once I heard CD first time in late 80’s I decided to never give up vinyl. Started building CD collection in mid-90's because of releases that did not go to the vinyl