solid state gear- leave on?

Is it good idea to leave solid state power amps on during the day if they don't make much heat?
samuellaudio
My electronics have an on/off switch, however when off, there still is current going through the component to keep it warm, although at lower power.  It is ready to perform on turn on. (Ayre)
Post removed 
I would never leave my amp on all day, solid sate should not take to long to warm up as it is solid sate. I have a pair of channel island mono blocks they have no power switch just on or stand by so its stand by until its time to listen but they never run hot. Tube amps or pre amps usually need about 20 to  30 minutes to get to where they sound good. I had an old HK Citation 16s for 18 years never left it on and it finally needed service after all that time. Leaving your solid sate amp on for 4 or 5 hours continuously  should be ok but I would turn it off after you are finished with it.         
It's been 11 years since this thread was started, so it would be interesting to hear how each side of the debate made out.

Like stringreen, my system goes into standby mode when powered off (but main power switch in back still on) to keep it warm (Audia Flight).  Perhaps that is a strategy incorporated by manufacturers which straddles the argument for which is best?

Post removed