Triangle Speakers

I picked up a pair of Triangle Titus (the mark II version) speakers. I loved the detail and sound staging, but I found the midrange a bit bright sounding with with NAD C372 amp. I think this means that the upper midrange was being over-emphasized or the lower midrange was being under-emphasized. In any case, even with a sub the tonal balance didn't sound quite right to my ears.

My question for folks here: would I have a similar problem with Titus' floor standing speakers? In other words, is the brightness (when coupled with my amp) part of the Triangle sound or is it a mini monitor thing?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
socprof
Thanks for the responses. Yes, I have the 202 version. I had forgotten the name.

I don't have any plans to upgrade my amp, so I'm hearing that Triangles might not be the best choice for me.
Yes the brightness is characteristic of Triangle speakers from the XS and 202 range. I haven't heard the new ES line but my impression is that the treble has been increasingly tamed as you move from the older to newer series. However, it must be emphasized that there is something magical about Triangle speakers paired with tube amplification. Paired with good cables and (most importantly) quality source components, this is the cheapest ticket I know of to audio nirvana. One of the best-sounding systems I ever assembled consisted of an ASL AQ1001DT (KT88 based integrated) matched with Antal XS speakers. Some solid state amps will work too though, I got good results driving Comete XS monitors with an Audio Refinement Complete. But you really have to get tubes in there to hear the Triangles at their best. I don't look at this as a design flaw, I just think it's something people should take into consideration when it comes to Triangles. I find their tower speakers to be well balanced and full-sounding, plus you can bi-amp if you really want to get nerdy. Have fun!
I used to own the origional titus speakers.I got the best sound using tube amplification.