Seller asked for PayPal fees after the sale. Should I pay them or not?

I recently purchased an item and after accepting my offer the seller asked for PayPal fees (3%). I checked the listing and nothing was listed in the ad about my paying the fees.  I have already payed half the fee but I'm not sure if I should have paid the full amount. Changing the deal after accepting the offer feels wrong to me. Looking for guidance.
fgleason
That sucks, @biggiglypanda.
When I list an item for sale, I absorb the Paypal fee. Most buyers will negotiate a price, and if it's too low, I'll remind said buyer that I am paying the fees. IME, the buyer will then accept a fair price.

Audiogon listings are very different than Ebay, where it's the policy that the seller pays all fees. Just look thru the Agon classifieds and see how many sellers are charging a 3% Paypal fee.
If it was not listed for fees in the ad .then you are in no way obligated to pay this .
 If you don't want to pay ,then donot if he does not agree .he has to give you a full refund .for you fullfilled your end of the bargain.
IMO all fees should be listed in the origional ad so it is clear to all parties involved.

i agree with the consensus that you shouldn't pay a previously-undisclosed cost. more fundamentally, i've always found it tacky for a seller to lay off paypal fees on a buyer, much as i would object to a merchant laying off credit card fees--paypal is largely a convenience to the seller by enabling immediate, verified payment and various other protections.
I have been on this site for a long time and years ago, it was common practice that almost all sellers asked for the paypal fee in their ads. It's not against any paypal rules to ask for the fee, but it is against ebay rules to ask for the fee. Some people have gotten very lazy when they place ads, not including all available information regarding any fees or other costs, they expect to get. Someone here said communication is the key here. So for sellers, take the time to spell out all of the fees and costs you expect and as a buyer, when making an offer, explicitly state that the offer  includes any and all fees and costs plus or minus shipping.  A lot of gas stations in my area have two prices, one for cash and one for credit. Its the same thing here. The seller has the right to ask (or build it into the asking price) and the buyer has the right not to agree to pay it or move on to the next seller. It's all part of the negotiation.