Class D Technology

So I get the obvious strengths of Class D. Efficiency, power output & running cool which allows for small form factors. I also understand the weaknesses somewhat. 1. Non-linear & lots of distortion that needs to be cleaned up with an output filter. 
So my question is, if it weren't for efficiency & power, would there be any reason to own a Class D amp? Do they beat Class A in any other categories that count for sound quality?  
seanheis1
I own NuForce mono block class D amps.  They were cited by Absolute Sound as "amp of the year" several years ago. Combined with a tube preamplifier and old Dalquist DQ 20 speakers, the sound is remarkable.  I listen mostly to Classical music and find the rendering more lifelike than with any other amp I've owned.
Unforced must pump a lot of money into absolutes sound to purchase that moniker.  :)

its a joke my my fellow Americans, as I know if I didn't say so, you would all be butt hurt. :)
Nu force must pump a lot of money into absolutes sound to purchase that moniker.  :)

its a joke my my fellow Americans, as I know if I didn't say so, you would all be butt hurt. :)

i heard some class D monos, they were just ok, nothing special.
tiny lack of upper treble , midrange was ok, bass was good. 

Would BUy if they ever stop making AB amps :)
Interesting discussion.  Can someone suggest a low-cost "bettter" Class D amp for use as a 'mid-fi' system with consumer-grade speakers for elderly parents who like to listen to music, but don't "LISTEN" to music as we do?

Thanks!
CLASS TD anyone Arcam’s P49

The P49 has been designed to leapfrog the competition with a massive 200 watts per channel into 8 ohms and 400 into 4 ohms. It delivers 50 watts in pure class A mode while allowing for huge extra power reserves from our latest generation class G topology that is both clever and efficient. During normal operation, distortion is measured in less than one part per million so that this massive power is deliver with total control and finesse.

There have been great strides made in improving audio sources and loudspeakers in recent years and the time is right to match them in the field of amplifier design. This ground breaking amplifier is a must audition amplifier for music lovers who understand that power is nothing without control.