Scansonic mb serie

Does anyone listen MB serie from Scansonic ?
What about the raidho DNA ?
Does thoses speakers sound like a real raidho ?
georgelfre
I agree with the boominess assessment.  Also thanks for confirming these speakers are not for reproducing AC/DC at concert levels.  That being said, I think the midrange, treble and imaging is hard to beat for acoustic and vocal.  I'm considering a pair just for that as they are small enough to move in and out of the system. 

Hi all,

Need feedback on MB 3.5.

i have recently purchased an MB 3.5 . i run it with a Hegel h 360 Amp which has 250 W RMS . When i play the speakers at about 75 (out of a maximum of 99) level on my Amplifier the side woofers start to rattle. Is this normal as part of the burn in. when i checked with the dealer he advised me to play the MB 3.5 at lower than 65 level of Hegel 360.

Any experience on rattling sound during breakin ? Any comments on MB 3.5 playback with amplifiers of 200 W and up.
I heard the same rattle (they only had about 25 hrs on then at the time) and it will go away after break in from what I was told. A friend had them and he likes very loud and when I asked if the rattle still happened he said no. His amp was the Aavik U300. Another thing is I don't know how long it takes for the rattle to go away.

As I stated early in this thread I went to a private demo for the MB-1 - 2.5 and 3.5. They all had about 25 hrs on them and my first impression wasn't all that favorable - very boomy. Then I heard the 2.5's at approx 250 hrs and to me they sounded like totally different speakers. So much better. I owned the D2's so I didn't pay too much attention other that I thought they are a great value for the money especially after being broken in. Like the Raidho's placement is pretty critical. Ideally you want at least 9 ft apart and toed in pointing to your shoulders. Being bottom ported they can be placed pretty close to the side and back walls but I preferred them a couple feet away. IMO they are more of a near field speaker. That said with a pair of 4 1/2" drivers they are not concert level speakers.
I have the MB-1 Scansonic speakers. Was thinking I would sell them and buy a pair of Eminent Technology LFT16. Any opinions? I love the MB-1 - but have the bug to try a change. Thanks!

Has anyone compared the MB-1 with the Raidho x-1 or xt-1t?

I'm particularly interested to read your impressions comparing  the mid's & highs. These will be very close to a corner wall, so monitors are what I'm looking for.
    Thanks in advance.