Cerious Technologies NEW Graphene Cables

Now, this is not a advertisement, just a posting sharing my experience on some well made great sounding cables at a very reasonable price. Besides, I don't think Cerious Technologies is set up for a big influx of cable orders.

But, if you get the chance to try these cables, please do.

I have been interested in the newer cables coming out that are using Graphene as a conductor. SR cables seemed interesting, but I always hated the way there cables had all those extra wires (with the active shields and such). I then noticed an ad early in I think November or December from Cerious Technologies for Graphene cables. I investigated how the cables were assembled and it seemed like quite a laborious process.

I ordered (with a 30 day money back guarantee) the balanced Graphene interconnects, and boy did they impress me. Such depth, soundstage, realism, frequency smoothness, effortless sound. I was truly impressed!  I now have a complete loom of the Cerious Technologies Graphene cables. That is; interconnects, speaker cables, digital cables and power cords.

I ended up selling all of my other cables and to those of you who have read my postings know that cables have always been my curiosity.

So, as I began this post, let me again iterate, I have no alliance to the company, my posting is for those of you looking for an great alternate high quality Graphene made cable without spending a fortune.

128x128ozzy
No problem with a Blue HC cord on a 2 watt SET amp. They are very inefficient and the heaters suck serious juice. I ran a high bias Class A SS amp that was only 10 watts and it drew 800 watts from the wall at idle...
In a direct answer, most metals have a memory and an ideal crystal structure. This structure gets distorted through the extruding of the metal to make the wires and most significantly through the heating of the solder process, which is why I always design to have as few solder joints in the signal path as possible. Running a signal through the wire and joint slowly restores it back to its original structure although slowly. Cryo causes the crystal structure to "relax" and spring back quicker."

Sorry to be a party pooper. Cryo is what we call an irreversible process. Cryo makes the arrangement of the atoms more homogeneous during contraction/expansion phases of the process. The problem for metals that have been bent, rolled, drawn and or hammered is the crystal structure is very distorted.

While I do use metals in the GE, the carbon fiber and Graphene would be unaffected by the cryogenic process - other than to make the Graphene a virtually perfect conductor when frozen.

I wasn’t referring to the graphene or carbon fiber. Although now that I think about it, the performance of plastics and glass and many other non metal materials improves with cryo, so why not graphene and carbon fiber?

I received my HC power cord (blue) yesterday, and immediately swapped it with the stock cord (Parasound A21). So, first things first .....

I placed the order on Tuesday. Bob shipped it out the same day, and I received it on Thursday. Now that’s some seriously fast logistics. Impressive!

That cord is a thing of beauty. It’s hefty (but flexible), extremely well built, and the translucent blue connectors look fabulous. Kinda makes you sad that something this pretty has to be hidden behind your equipment.

Now onto the sound ...

When I switched my speaker cables to Clear Day, I immediately had a ’jaw drop’ moment, so to speak. I didn’t get the same effect with the Cerious PC. Although to be fair, I should wait for at least 50 hours before making any judgement calls. But so far, I can’t really tell a ’marked’ difference, only slight improvements if I listen carefully. Don’t know if its due to expectation bias or what. The soundstage seems to have shrunk a little bit, and mid bass is not quite as nice as it was before. Hopefully, it will improve with time.

The one positive that is immediately apparent is that the sound is more balanced. Before, I always felt that the treble was a little too hot in my system. This PC seems to have somewhat mitigated that particular issue. Also, voices are a bit more recessed than before ... that’s actually a good thing, since it sounds more natural now. More in synch with the rest of the music.

Anyways, I’ll let it simmer for a few weeks before posting further comments.
@arafiq,
It will be interesting to see if in 50 hours or so if you hear improvement.
Please keep us posted.