Diana Krall - New Vinyl - Good sound - Poor Vinyl

I wonder if anyone else that has purchased this record feels like the vinyl is poor. I have cleaned my copy 3 times and still can't get all the ticks/pops/grundge off the record. I also noticed that it has about 25 minutes a side so maybe to much music squeezed onto this one. Anyway I feel it should have been on 2 discs instead of just one for the best possibly quality. The sound quality is great but the vinyl for me is problematic. Anyone else?
clarock
Anyway I feel it should have been on 2 discs instead of just one for the best possibly quality
I’m confused -- assuming we are talking about "Turn up the quiet", her current release? My copy is on two discs (3 sides, side D is blank) and 17’ or so per side.

While packed in card sleeves it cleaned up nicely. There’s a fairly high level of groove rush, typical of current pressings, but not noisy. It is cut very hot however which may cause problems with some setups. In particular I got some intermittent (3-4 times on a side) distortion on left channel peaks, but nothing too objectionable

Recording wise the best thing about it is the acoustic bass which is reference quality. The vocals are overly close miked which is fine albeit a bit too breathy for my tastes. All the other instruments are in band mode which sounds fine, although the recessed piano is a bit of a surprise for a DK disc!

All in all a nice record and my copy (from Acoustic Sounds) had no issues.

With regard to maximum length on a side it also depends on the material. Lots of very dynamic passages will take up more real estate, while a disc of quieter music can easily sound fine at up to 30’ So all in all it’s very hard to have a hard and fast rule I’m afraid

I have to ditto you.  My copy is on 3 sides, 2 discs, and sounds very good with the bass being as good as any in my experience.  The music is perhaps the best Krall has ever recorded.  Highest recommendation.
The OP never told us which DK lp he is referring to, yet we had several posts remarking on an unknown lp? Wow!