Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
I second Raggamuffin on Clements. At least, Phil Clements' previous line, Phase Research, which formed the foundation for the "di" series. I've had PR Model R's for about 19 years now. They cost me about $600 used (about par, I'm told) and still sound about as good as the best new deals for twice that price. I too dragged them through college, and through three apartments after college, and finally into my first house.

On a lark, I compared them to the $5k B&W Nautilus 803's I'd gotten as trials and wired to my own system. I won't say they "blew away" the Nautilus, but there was only a significant difference when the music got fairly complex. Then, the PR's distorted some, but were still quite listenable. (The Nautili were, of course, rock solid through everything.) I picked up a second pair on E-Pay last year for ($38 a pair!!) Even with shipping, they were a steal.
I agree with Eyeballman's assessment of KEF Reference 105/2 speakers. I have been enjoying mine since 1982, and everytime I upgrade something in the system in front of them, they just sound even better. I may consider buying something newer at some point, but it will have to be a pretty amazing pair of speakers (and probably amazingly expensive too).
Cabasse Baltic II and Thor II subwoofer.
For:
Tonal accuracy
Fast
Dynamic - both micro and macro
Spatial coherence
Extraordinary musicality

Against:
Unusual looks
I've had these ADC Sound Shaper 3010 bookshelf speakers for going on ten years. They've certainly endured. I got them from my father who had them I think for 5 years beforehand. I'm only thinking of replacing them because the cabinet's cracked on both. I use them as a right and left channels.

Can anyone tell me more about ADC Sound Shaper? I know they used to make equalizers and other equipment. The speakers sound great, are three-way, have an impedance of 6ohms, and handle up to 150 watts. Frequency response is 24-28kHz.

I'm no real audiophile (my hearing doesn't allow for it). I have:

Pioneer VSX-D5095 a/v receiver (5.1)
JBL TXLps10 subwoofer
aforementioned ADC sound shaper 3010 speakers
Sony entry-level center channel and rear surround set
Momitsu 880 DVD/CD player
Scientific-Atlantic 8000 DVR cable box
I've had over 60 speaker systems, all types and sizes, over the past 30 years and I really like the Coincident line of speakers. Presently have a pair of Conquests that I plan to keep forever. May try the Partial Eclipse someday but still plan to keep the Conquests.