Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
Cabasse Baltic II and Thor II subwoofer.
For:
Tonal accuracy
Fast
Dynamic - both micro and macro
Spatial coherence
Extraordinary musicality

Against:
Unusual looks
I've had these ADC Sound Shaper 3010 bookshelf speakers for going on ten years. They've certainly endured. I got them from my father who had them I think for 5 years beforehand. I'm only thinking of replacing them because the cabinet's cracked on both. I use them as a right and left channels.

Can anyone tell me more about ADC Sound Shaper? I know they used to make equalizers and other equipment. The speakers sound great, are three-way, have an impedance of 6ohms, and handle up to 150 watts. Frequency response is 24-28kHz.

I'm no real audiophile (my hearing doesn't allow for it). I have:

Pioneer VSX-D5095 a/v receiver (5.1)
JBL TXLps10 subwoofer
aforementioned ADC sound shaper 3010 speakers
Sony entry-level center channel and rear surround set
Momitsu 880 DVD/CD player
Scientific-Atlantic 8000 DVR cable box
I've had over 60 speaker systems, all types and sizes, over the past 30 years and I really like the Coincident line of speakers. Presently have a pair of Conquests that I plan to keep forever. May try the Partial Eclipse someday but still plan to keep the Conquests.
The first high end speaker is the last speaker I will own, that is the Proac responce 2. I think that this speaker does many things right. When matched with their respective Target stands & coupled with a good subwoofer they will make magic. I would prefer a pair of Legend's but they were not out yet. I also feel that an upgrade should not involve much additional funds since the Proacs are an excellent speaker in itself.
Surfgod. I would heartily concurr with your speaker choice. Given good electronics and placed on proper stands in an appropriate room..... they will humble far too many so called hi-end speakers out there today, regardless of cost. Designed and tuned by an artist with a great ear for music. Sadly.... I sold my pair many years ago to upgrade to the response 3... which turned out to be a little to large and overpowered my smallish room at the time.