Class D is just Dandy!

I thought it was time we had a pro- Class D thread. There's plenty of threads about comparisons, or detractors of Class D.

That's fine, you don't have to like Class D amps, and if you don't please go participate on one of those threads.

For those of us who are very happy and excited about having musical, capable amps that we can afford to keep on 24/7 and don't require large spaces to put them in, this thread is for you.

Please share your experiences with class D amps!
erik_squires
That discussion belongs in another thread, George, but practically everything you complain about on a weekly basis. Hahahaha

This thread is for talking about Class D amps we actually like.

Best,

E
This is an open forum, I believe that Class-d should be seen from both sides of the camp, not censored to just the pro-camp, this way members can make up their own minds whether or not to get one, because all do not see "Class-D as being just dandy".

Maybe soon in the future when the switching frequency can be raised double or tripple with advancement in semi conductor technology, so then it’s output filter can do it’s job properly without negative effect to the upper mids and highs.

Cheers George
It's an open forum, that much is true. There is also proper etiquette and simple common courtesy. When someone opens a discussion and states clearly:

"I thought it was time we had a pro- Class D thread. There's plenty of threads about comparisons, or detractors of Class D.

That's fine, you don't have to like Class D amps, and if you don't please go participate on one of those threads.

For those of us who are very happy and excited about having musical, capable amps that we can afford to keep on 24/7 and don't require large spaces to put them in, this thread is for you."

When you come in with your negative comments and unwanted opinions, you are what is known as a "thread crapper".

No one asked for your side of the class d issue. In fact, your side was specifically asked to post elsewhere. You aren't enlightening anyone here as to the evils of class d or changing any minds, you are simply putting your coarse character on display for all to see.
It is peculiar, no? I don’t spend ANY time on tube amp or SS amp threads telling them how their preferred choice of amplification is inferior.

All, doubtless George enjoys throwing red herrings that are well past their prime... And the whole argument of... If a luminary like ML could not do class D right, it must mean that class D is not ready for prime time is, well.... A logical fallacy called  a flawed induction step.

On the other hand, this being an open forum hosted in an open Country, asking friend George to decamp and settle on a more traditionalist audio watering whole is not a very nice thing to do to an old friend.

His amused needling of us is actually refreshing... Makes us remember that things are ever evolving, and that what we deem fabulous today, will before long be deemed obsolete. And who knows.. May be those superfast transistors he is always talking about will before long let class D amps achieve this vaunted realm of 0.003% distortion.

Oh... I must be daft. NCore NC1200 based amps are already capable of 0.003% distortion plus or minus some smidjin.... using standard 500Khz switching frequencies... Oh well, Need to find something else that class D can'd do.... We sure wouldn't want to use our ears and discover amazing music on class D to our chagrin, wouldn't we?!

G.