Dennis Had Inspire amps and preamps.

Recently acquired a lightly used LP27a and a SEP Firebottle HO amp after a recent dip into SET/SEP-dom.  I liked them enough to order a new LP3a preamp from the "auction site."  Hand-made in USA by an arguable hifi "legend" at, imo, comparably reasonable prices.

These pop up from time to time in various A-gon discussions.  I know there is an unwieldy and lengthy discussion on another site, but thought would try to open up a fresh one, here.

Curious about (good or bad) experiences, listening impressions, tube-rolling, mods/upgrades, speaker/gear pairings/synergies, etc.

Right now, I have the Firebottle with Omega 3 HOs, and am enjoying the result.  One immediate question would be what tubes can be used in the Firebottle and in the output tube in the LP27a.  I bought them used.  I have an inquiry to Mr. Had on that, but maybe others have first hand experience on what works well?  For example, the LP27a came with a 6sn7, but I've read that others have been able to use 6sl7 and even 6bx7 in that spot.

Thank you.

stfoth
The Tonian Classic 12.1 S with Phy full range drivers and Tonian modified super tweeters sound amazing to me with my Dennis Had Inspire amp.  I have a variety of tube options but one I like a lot is Pope 6V6GTs and Psvane CV-181 TII with a NOS RCA 5U4-G rectifier.
Jeff--Never heard the Tonians.  Look great.

Received the LP3a, yesterday, and am running it in, today.  Came with JJ 6sn7 inputs, a Sophia 6sn7 output, and a KenRad 80 rectifier.  Supposed to be able to take 6sl7s on the inputs, too.  Sounds much different from the LP27a, but I suspect that has mostly to do with the fresh new production 6sn7s over soggy, but lovely, 80-ish year old mesh plate globe 27s.

For anyone that bought new, did you find significant change with burn it (of the unit, rather than the tubes, assuming an early roll)?

By all accounts the Tonian Labs Classic 12.1 is a superb sounding  speaker that utilized the famed Phy 12" driver. It is said to produce fantastic tone and timbre, very natural sound quality. This a 97 db sensitive 16 ohm load impedance speaker. The French builder of the Phy drivers died a few years ago but I believe the driver is still currently in production.

Charles

Reviving a thread...does Dennis have a website or a phone contact for his amps?  Thanks in advance!

Jw in MN 
would agree with Wolf; I like the KT88s better than the 150s, and the PSVANE gray glass KT88s above all the others.

For rectifiers, the VANE HIFI grade 5U4G is my favorite. also rolled VT229 KenRad and Sylvania chrome tops in the input stage, but settled on Shuguang nature sound big bottle as the most preferred. well defined image.
no matter what outputs I have tried though still get some dynamics compression compared to push pull KT88s. but overall a really nice amp.....