Choices narrowed Rogue RP-1 and Primaluna Prologue Premium Preamps

I'm leaning toward the Primaluna which is $500 more. Both have easy dealer return.

The PL looks to be more of a "lifetime" preamp, heavy build, tubes outside chassis. The RP-1 includes a phono section (I do not need) which leads me to believe corners may have been cut to keep price point. 

Both get great reviews....but my gut says PL. The Prologue is 97% of the higher end dialogue model from what I have been told.

My amp (https://www.optomausa.com/audioproduct/sta200)runs at 51K input impedance, which is meets the recommended minimum of 28k (Stereophile review).

I am eventually going to replace my amp (I purchased as a temporary replacement and later use in a bedroom system). However, the amp has such an enjoyable sound, I decided to upgrade my preamp first. I am having some noise issues with my Peachtree Nova Pre. 

Anyone else compare the two? Stereophile did and the PL sounds like what I am looking for. I know actually hearing is the ultimate test.

aberyclark
I’ve had two other people today tell me ( via email) that i cannot go wrong with the Rogue. Its the bargain of the preamp world. I may just order one from needle doctor ( who has a good return policy) and just try the thing out. 
I would go with Rogue but, of course, you should listen to both and see what is best for you.
And please let us know what you think when you do!
I'm really wanting to purchase a new Prologue Premium from Primaluna now. Unfortunately, Upscale Audio cannot sell to be due to a dealer within 100 miles. I'm going to check the place out this weekend. Nothing more disappointing that a store advertises brands but have no inventory...I hope i'm wrong. The store virtual tour shows heavy HT items and I think I could only identify 2 items (looks like amp and pre) that looks like anything like Primaluna. It may not be. There's a nice used Dialog pre that is practically new here for sale on Audiogon for a couple hundred more that what a new Prologue would cost. However, I'm still pushing it with the Prologue price wise. 
I haven't heard either pre-amp but I have heard power amps from both.  Going in 'blind' I would go for Rogue.  What I suggest you do though is try to find out a bit more of their RP-X platform.  
The Primalunas are built so nice. Im hoping the local store has one. I really wish I could swing a new Dialogue Premium. The used one ( Dialogue)  listed here on AG is tempting