Bybee Audio tweeks. IQSE

His latest offering: QUANTUN SIGNAL ENHANCER/  IQSE
Any feedback from users of his PROTON/ ELECTRON aligning pad?
POSITIVE  or Negative  gains from your hard earned$$$ spent on it?
If positive explain:
tubes444
Actually, to be fair, the performance does not (rpt not) degrade over time. At least over the lifetime of the battery, which is ten years. Not too many things in this hobby last ten years. Or in life. Don’t be a big baby! 👶

slaw ,davea33,

I totally agree with your comments.

geoffkait,

Not so much...

ozzy

"I highly doubt Mr. Bybee would mislead anyone"..

The fact that the description of the original QSE said it included a battery, and the iQSE was described as totally passive, (suggests) otherwise.

To my knowledge, it was only advertised as having a battery in ONE place. And this was later removed. 

geoffkait:
So what? My Clever Little Clock is battery powered but I would call it a passive device. Depends on how you define passive. The Tice Clock plugged into a wall outlet so I would tend to call that clock an active device. 
slaw:
That’s what I posted earlier.. "the definition of passive".

The older (external) version is marketed as having a battery. The newer version is marketed a totally passive. There-in lies the difference by the manufacturer.

I’m just pointing out the misleading advertising from the manufacturer. Seems pretty clear to me.
geoffkait:
I think you might be misunderstanding what I wrote a little bit. I’m saying that Mr. Bybee like me doesn’t consider that a battery powered device is necessarily an "active" device. So battery powered and active are not necessary synonymous. I describe my clock as battery powered but I don’t refer to it as active. It can be placed anywhere in the room. It’s passive. It’s not connected to the audio system anywhere, not the AC power, any cables and doesn’t interact with acoustic waves in the room.

I'm in agreeance with Geoff on this. The device is passive, and it's still a fully working passive product after the ~10 year lifespan of the battery.

Will it work as well as with the battery? Probably not. For this reason, I agree that Bybee should be more forthright about the batteries.

That said, have any of you compared the acrylic QSE to the wood QSE?

As to the product, if you like the IQSE, I think the battery issue is a stupid reason to not buy it. Many premium tubes cost more, and many won't come close to lasting 10 years. They also won't provide any use when they die.
Exhibit A - Mr. Bybee has no motive to deceive or mislead or any such thing. I heard through the grapevine he gave his significant other a brand new Bentley a few years ago. Capish?
jay23,

I own both versions and the wood iQSE is better than the acrylic version and I bought those for only $90 each. The iQSE is quite a bit more money and its internal hidden (secret) battery will only last about a year.

geofkait,

Mr Bybee is now a rather feeble old man who no longer runs his company. Let's just say I know by personal experience. He still may have his "great ideas" but others make, distribute and advertise his products.

Call it what you will, but it is deceitful to not disclose that the super duper newer version will be no better than the previous model in a short time. IF it was disclosed that it was battery operated and that battery could not be replaced it probably would not have sold so well.
Of course this is my humble opinion. 

ozzy