Switching to solid state amp?

I have had tube amps for the past 20+ years and have totally enjoyed their sound in my system.  I am thinking of trying a solid state amp.  Pass Labs comes to mind but would be open to anyone who made the switch, was happy and what brand worked for you.  Btw I will still be using a tube preamp.  Who has been happy with the switch?

bobheinatz
uhm.. ss did not exist in the 30's....(well they did... but not specifically an audio thing)

(I know, it was a finger slip, but I could not resist)
@bobheinatz 
I'm running a muscled up First Watt F5 clone I built. It's a very nice amp but it's brutally honest. The F7 is supposed to be a kinder interpretation of the F5 topology. The First Watt amps are unique amps and aren't well suited for every speaker. If you've got $10,000 to burn and you like the simple, lower power designs of First Watt, I'd strongly suggest looking at the Pass XA25. 
Ralph I had my current amps worked on recently and one of them came back dead. So not reliable. I will need to replace.
'Dead' is usually something simple! If the amp was just serviced and was dead upon arrival, it could also be something simple from shipping. If I were you, if these amps have given you reliable service in the past, I would simply get the amp fixed. If you sell them and one isn't running, you're going to take a beating on it anyway.

How old are the amps?