Worked Backwards and Would like to Hear Suggestions on Speakers

I did the opposite most folks on forum suggested. I already had Bose 901 Series VI speakers but built my system around them. My setup includes Mcintosh MC501's, C2500 Preamp, Thurman Conditioner, Cary 100 DAC, which I'm selling, Oppo 105D, and MusicHall 7.1 turntable. I use all Cardas Golden XLR Cables except for Bose Equalizer which I use Cardas Golder RCA's. I mostly stream using dedicated MacBook 13" retina..

The Bose sound really good but would like suggestions for better. My range? Not sure, I can spend up to 10K but would rather stay in the 3-6K range.

Thanks!
roddyboy
the 901s had an ability to do something that other speakers at that time could not do (tho they lagged in other criteria compared to some)

if they have been refurbished recently then try out some Maggies - used 3.7i's can be had for $4k - new is %6k to $6,400 for various wood strip and cloth options

if not, you could do that as a low-cost 'upgrade'

if your amps will drive a $10k speaker well, then you can achieve stunning SQ

Ki3
bigger maggies
various others...

but I'd reserve some $$ for room treatments and maybe a few hundred for an isolation transformer, and some galvanic isolation devices
Start with room treatment, that will make many speakers sound better. :)

But if you liked the 901s, chances are you like a broad sweet spot, which implies pretty wide dispersion. Revel's excel here.

Magico does too, but ouch $$$

Best,

E
901 is diffuse sound
get a Walsh or German Teknik radiator
maybe even the small MBL
you might also like tge large diffuse sound of the Larsen