Ohm Walsh speakers; Anyone have any experience

I have been interested in the Ohm Walsh drivers, and their uniformly positive reviews, and omnidirectional nature. Does anyone have enough exposure to these to provide a critical assessment? Happy listening, D
dmason
For a short time, you'll probably be able to see the inside of a set of Walsh 5's as they have a pair partially pulled apart on Ebay. I will only say that these look a LOT neater and better put together than the set of Walsh series that i previously saw. Sean
>
look and listen to german physiks, with a good powerful amp these are very plesant speakers that can do a hi spl and great with eq and a sub. There are some pairs of unicorns for sale for about 5k worth it.
I would love to be able to listen to the German Physiks Walsh "Bending Wave Transducer" ( Dick's Dipole Driver or DDD as they call it ). I am curious as to if the driver uses some type of internal damping material inside the driver to damp the titanium from ringing. So long as they covered that aspect of performance, my thoughts are that the bass would probably not be up to the task given the design that they are using. Sean
>
The Huff system with DDD and their subwoofers look very interesting. Has anybody here ever actually heard them?
Huff came to the CAS last year and did a demo with his gear. Needless to say, i was thrilled at the chance to both hear and see these speakers in action. Unfortunately, he did not bring the DDD based system but instead brought some speakers of relatively conventional design. They weren't bad or anything but it was a major let-down to say the least. Sean
>