Tube Amplifier for Thiel

I recently pick up a pair of Thiel CS3.6. As like many reviews online said, they are awesome speakers. I am using Musical Fidelity A5 int amp (200wpc @4 Ohms, 400wpc @8 Ohms) to drive them. I can't say the A5 is not good, but I kind of feel it not quite musical, crispy, fast... These seem to be the strengths I found in most tube amplifiers I have auditioned before. I am thinking of replacing the A5 with a tube int amp; however, I worry that normal tube int amps are not "powerful" enough to drive the big Thiel (I am a bass lover).

I currently have Prima Luna Dialogue 2, Cayin A-100T/A-70T (and probably VTL IT-85) on my list. I would appreciate if some one could comment on these choices. I also welcome any other tube/SS int amp suggestions (even tube pre/SS power amp) in that price range.

Thank you!
unjc
I run a Manley Steelhead ( with Skipjack for multiple line level inputs) into NEO 250s for my CS6s and they are as dynamic and extended as when I powered them with a Krell KCT pre and a 400cx amp. The imaging is far better though with the tubes.

Thanks! for reviving this thread- stevecham

it would be interesting to learn if the members above are still listening to

Thiel speakers. Happy Listening!

I have Thiel CS6's.  I don't use them often, preferring B&W 801S3 but when the 6's are used they are with VTL 450 MKII amps.  Like Stevecham I was using Krell then switched to tubes.  Big changes, the bass became less pronounced, still very good just not that Krell Slam and the mid and high frequencies warmed up nicely.
Those VTL amps look very sweet- vegasears
Are you still using an Esoteric DV-50 spinner?
Happy Listening!
Yes from time to time I'll play SACD or DVD-A disc.  Since adding a video monitor to my system I've been using it for DVD Concerts and loving it.