Worked Backwards and Would like to Hear Suggestions on Speakers

I did the opposite most folks on forum suggested. I already had Bose 901 Series VI speakers but built my system around them. My setup includes Mcintosh MC501's, C2500 Preamp, Thurman Conditioner, Cary 100 DAC, which I'm selling, Oppo 105D, and MusicHall 7.1 turntable. I use all Cardas Golden XLR Cables except for Bose Equalizer which I use Cardas Golder RCA's. I mostly stream using dedicated MacBook 13" retina..

The Bose sound really good but would like suggestions for better. My range? Not sure, I can spend up to 10K but would rather stay in the 3-6K range.

Thanks!
roddyboy
Post removed 
Right now I decided on the Vandersteen Model 5, but have one question; how labor intensive having to replace batteries or other areas of the speakers am I looking at? I'm ready to pull the trigger but any feedback would be appreciated..

roddy - I don't own 5's, but I have a pair of the battery-biased M-HP5 crossovers.  The batteries are soldiered in for better sound.  If you are good at soldiering, you can do this yourself.  If you are a klutz like me, a dealer or a capable friend will have to do that.  The good news is that you can use fresh lithium batteries with a 10-year life span, so you only need do this once each decade.
congrats
i had Vandy 5a for many happy years
and now 7 mk2
you got good advice on the batts but Vandersteen located in Calif will turn them around quickly for you. IF you want an additional 3 years ( on top of 7 w factory duracell ) send them the Li batts along with your filters

setup is critical
you must run vandertones and use Radio Shack analog meter to set the bass
a local dealer can help you also

have fun