Somehow I've got myself a "WTF" dilema with my newly setup Turntable. HELP!

If I plug one IC from the "high out" of my phono stage (for example, the right side)
into the right side of my integrated amp's "AUX" input jack. Low and behold, I only
get music out of the right side speaker.
If I unplug that IC, and plug the other IC (1 pair) into the left side of my phono stage
(again "high out") then into the left side "AUX" input jack of my integrated amp, You
got it, left side sounds great, nothing out of the right speaker.

Now, when I plug them both in (as in normal connection of phono stage to amp) I get
95% of all music information out of one side, and yes, WTF only 5% out of the other
speaker.

All cables are securely connected. Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
markj941
I set up a lot of tables in my time, several times the problem was a ear pluged up with wax .
effischer, thanks for your help.

1)  Ground wire is secured. The gnd post is on the phono stage.
2)  Reversing IC's, music info moves on change.
3)  Replaced IC's, no change, same result.
4)  Changed input at amp end, All inputs render same result.
5)  Reversed tonearm IC's, No change of music info.
6)  Reversing the headshell wires (right to left and Left to right)
     did not change the location of music info.

Hopefully there is something here that triggers a possible solution.
Thanks again effischer 
Silly suggestion, but I assume that you've checked the balance control, if there is one ...
Strange problem indeed.

Is the phono stage new (to you), as well as the turntable? In other words, has this problem always been present since you started using the phono stage?

If so, although I can’t formulate a complete explanation at this point, my hunch is that something is miswired in the output circuit of one channel of the phono stage. Almost (but not exactly) as if a ground wire and a signal wire are interchanged, resulting in the signal on that output of the phono stage being shorted to the phono stage’s ground when a path between that signal and that ground is created by connection of the ground of the good channel of the phono stage to the amp’s ground. Or something like that :-)

Also, am I correct in assuming that these connections are via RCA cables, rather than XLRs?

Finally, can you indicate the make and model numbers of the phono stage and the integrated amp?

Regards,
-- Al