Dedicated 20 amp lines/should i use a sub panel

Happy New Year to all!!

I am about to install 3 - 20 amp dedicated lines for my stereo. I still have space in my 200 amp main panel but was wondering if their is any benefit to installing a 60 amp sub panel for the 3 audio circuits , also as i am using 10 gauge wire and its not the easiest to manipulate should i hook up the bare wire to the receptacles looped around the screws or inserted in the holes or should i use spade connection's. any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Chris 
spinner1
New house, ran 4 separate 20 amp circuits to 1 of the main panels. I asked my electrician and he thought that would be best. No hum or issues and have plenty of power for anything I want to use
Al, (almarg),

By chance have you been following the exchanges between noromance and me in response to this post of his?

noromance
904 posts                                                                                                 01-03-2018 10:23pm

I ran 2 x 20amp runs on 10 gauge from 2 side by side breakers for monoblocs. I ended up not using one of them because of a hum loop. Let us know how you get on.
Both mono block amps are floating the safety equipment ground.

When everything is fed from one dedicated circuit no hum.
When the other dedicated circuit is used to feed the other amp he gets the hum.
Is there a chance the hum is not caused by a difference of potential between the two equipment grounds of the two dedicated circuits?
Just a gut feeling I don’t think the equipment grounds are causing the hum.

And how would you explain this?
noromance
904 posts                                                                                                  01-04-2018 2:29pm

Jim,
8/2 with ground. You are correct about the legs. I also tried it on both legs. So instead of 22, 24, where I originally connected it, I had tried it on 23, 24 but it still hummed. In fact, as it’s a basement space, I just ran in a 12/2 on 15A breaker on the same leg to see if it still hummed with the (2 wire) monos. It did. But it doesn’t when I add my REL sub. So all is not lost! I should say that there is normally no hum from the rig.

But it doesn’t when I add my REL sub.
???

Any ideas? Suggestions?

How about if the mono amps are using an AC Line filter cap/s and maybe one or both is leaking to the chassis of the amp. What if the hot and neutral AC polarity is reversed on one amp with respect to the other?
https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/1593

Again, any ideas?

Jim

When I did my Listening room installation, I moved most the rest of the house circuits to a separate sub-panel - but I needed the space breaker wise.  If  you don't need the space just use your existing panel, but have your electrician tighten up all connections.

I ran 12/2 to the outlets but the longest run is only 20 feet of wire,  I have 9 dedicated lines, one leg of the incoming power is used for the tubed system,  4 circuits.  The other is for my SS system,  5 circuits including a 220V one.

I don't get caught up in the Outlet craze - use Leviton Industrial grade outlets.

Running separate dedicated lines will be the single most $ efficient upgrade to your system you can do, the second one will be room treatments.

Good Listening

Peter
Looks like I should expedite my plan to rewire the power cords on the power amps with new OFC cables including connecting the safety ground. I’ve been meaning to do it after changing the power cord on the preamp with very positive results. Thank you.