Thumbs up for ultrasonic record cleaning

My Cleaner Vinyl ultrasonic record cleaner arrived today and it’s impressive.

Everything I’d read indicated that ultrasonic was the way to go, and now I count myself among the believers. Everything is better - records are quieter, less ticks and pops, more detail etc.

All my records had been previously cleaned with a vacuum record cleaner and were well cared for. Nonetheless, the difference is obvious and overwhelmingly positive.

Phil
Ag insider logo xs@2xphil0618
Yes, the Rushton thread. I copied exactly, his recommendations. I only have a different pump in my filtering system as his original one is no longer available. On the DIY Audio thread, he recommends another RV pump that I have. I just got all of these parts in house now for the filtering system and am planning on getting it up and running this weekend?

@williewonka

I do a 30 minute cycle with the heat setting @ 45C, with the Vinyl Stack set at 12volts.
Amazing ultrasound!  I’ve rescued 40 year old records from unplayable to like new. 
And, in that I’ve just recently learned the effective way to use my Zerostat, I’m a happy vinyl lover to be sure. 

The bath formula offered by Rushton is very effective, much more so than plain distilled water —which is subject to surface tension problems at the vinyl surface. 

Btw. 40mhz, as most tanks in diy US setups are, results in a wavelength well under 1/2 inch. Mounting records at 1 inch spacing is plenty.  Also it’s important to remember that some of the debris is loosened by the resonant US movement of the vinyl not just the fluid. 

Happy listening, all.