Lyra Delos A truth teller or what?

My experience with the Lyra Delos has been good and to put it the best way too revealing?  So far my original vinyl sounds incredible, especially stuff from the Golden age of stereo.  Amazing to say the least.  However, newly remastered stuff sounds extremely overdone and in some cases unlistenable and I am talking about a lot of Classic reissues.  Is this just the way it will be or will this cartridge still relax a little as I only have roughly 50 hours or so on it?
tzh21y
I can only go by what I am told as my friend has had a Delos and it sounds fantastic in his system.  He said it takes a while for the Lyra to settle in.   The dealer said the same thing.  One thing I know is it is definitely not rolled off thats for sure.  Older recordings on six eye, living stereo, Mercurys, Londons do not sound bright at all.  They sound amazing to say the least.  They sound spooky real through the Delos.  I still think it will settle in somewhat but after 50 hours I think I am clearly starting to hear the personality of this cartridge on my system.  If I had a collection of primarily newer releases, the Delos would not be my first choice.  I may look into some of the more neutral cartridges mentioned in this thread.
The bass is fine.  It was not originally.  The lower midrange is still not there.  Hoping it gets a little better. I am loading at 100 ohms.  Had it at 91 at first but it did not sound right.  100 seems like a good starting point
As a test. Try 250 or 500 ohms.  You may get a little more midrange there.   Delos does not have much weigh in the upper bsss/lower mids.
The Delos can be a great sounding cart you just need to make sure you have the loading right, it is sensitive to the cabling (not expense or expensive cabling but capacitance) . As was mentioned try 250-500 ohms. Mine is at 330 Ohms and sounds very big and expansive, mids and lows are weighty and authoritative. Upper mids and highs are very clear but not too bright. It's a revealing cart for sure. I listen to a lot of both new music as well as old 50's and 60's I don't think it plays favorites on recordings. It's a colored cart for sure, but most are, it's just definitely not a soft sounding or overly warm sounding cart.

I use two MC carts with my Technics 1200G, the Delos which I’ve had for about 3 years, and an AT ART 9. I have MM carts as well, but I haven’t tried them yet with the Technics. No reason for not, but I haven’t yet.

The Delos is more revealing, cleaner and tighter sounding, but compared to the ART 9, it is brighter. I’ve sort of stopped using the Delos as the ART9 does such a nicer job with midrange, channel separation, and macro level weight. It is not warm, but more musical. Add that it is half the price of the Delos makes it a keeper for sure. If you want to evaluate a system change, the Delos may be the better "reporter".

I would say you are hearing the Delos correctly.