scientific double blinded cable test

Can somebody point to a scientific double blinded cable test?
nugat
I originally thought that a short length of speaker (2 1/2 meter) cable didn't mean that much difference....especially two same lengths of very similar construction.  I substituted one kind - thin minimally jacketed silver - with another thin minimally jacketed silver...   both were a bi-wired set.  The difference was night and day.   I don't know why, but that is the truth.

stringreen
I originally thought that a short length of speaker (2 1/2 meter) cable didn't mean that much difference....especially two same lengths of very similar construction. I substituted one kind - thin minimally jacketed silver - with another thin minimally jacketed silver... both were a bi-wired set. The difference was night and day. I don't know why, but that is the truth.

>>>>>The most likely reason is wire directionality. One cable was connected in the right direction, the other in the wrong direction. Case solved.
geoffkait:

I've always been curious about wire directionality. What causes a cable or interconnect to work better in one direction than the other?

All: Please feel free to chime in. Is there any scientific basis for this?

G
It can’t be that difficult. Pharmaceuticals are tested that way. Either something works comparing to placebo or not. And the variables are really complicated there. We bring people to the same room with the same high quality sound system, set of recordings and procedures agreed by a venerable audio society. We have our control cable, placebo, something off the shelf. We compare to it other cables with the same L, R, C. We ask testers to judge the sound reproduction accordingly. Neither experimenters nor testers know whether tested cables or control are used. If the results are near 50/50 then we know that if L, R, C are the same, no other variables matter. Pure physics. Bob Carver did it with amps, surely somebody must have checked it with cables? 
Then of course another study could be done how cable  L, R, C influence people’s judgements. And how expensive, or not, is tuning those three parameters.
It can’t be that difficult. Pharmaceuticals are tested that way. Either something works comparing to placebo or not. And the variables are really complicated there. We bring people to the same room with the same high quality sound system, set of recordings and procedures agreed by a venerable audio society. We have our control cable, placebo, something off the shelf. We compare to it other cables with the same L, R, C. We ask testers to judge the sound reproduction accordingly. Neither experimenters nor testers know whether tested cables or control are used. If the results are near 50/50 then we know that if L, R, C are the same, no other variables matter. Pure physics. Bob Carver did it with amps, surely somebody must have checked it with cables? 
Then of course another study could be done how cable  L, R, C influence people’s judgements. And how expensive, or not, is tuning those three parameters.