New or Old CD Player?

Let's say I have $5K, tops, to buy a CD player. I don't need digital inputs, outputs, etc. I don't need to spin SACD's. I only intend to play Redbook CD's and want a one-box solution. Would my money be better spent on a new unit, like maybe a Hegel Mohican? Or should I buy a component that was close to state of the art a decade ago? Like maybe a Simaudio 750D, or an Audio Research Reference CD8? Thoughts?
imgoodwithtools

Thank You- elizabeth

you are certainly one of the very few to purchase/own the SA-10.

Keep me posted upon receipt of the player and integration into your system.

Happy Listening!

I have never heard a $ 5000 CD player so I definately dont know what I am missing.  When my CD player broke I found a W4S Music Server with a 1 GB SSD on ebay for $ 1000.  When I replaced my CD player I found the CD's I ripped onto the Music Server sounded a lot better than from a new Marantz CD player.  I also was able to explore HiRez files and DSD.  I have 2 DAC's that sound very different that I like each in their own way that I switch between.  I ripped all my CD's, my kids CD's, my bothers CD's and my brother in Law's CD and still have 300 MB space left.  I have a crappy little app on my iphone to control the player that lets me change music as fast as my fingers fly.  Its kinda nice.  
Believe it or not, there's a CD playback system called the dCS Vivaldi 2.0 that costs $120K. Google it. 

Much Thanks! cakids

how long have you owned your SA-11 mkII ?

Happy Listening!