Phono stage and cartridge

Hello FriendsI'm hoping some one can give me advice, I live on the far south coast of Australia, there is no Hi FI, shops, down here, the closet is 4 hours drive to Sydney, the biggest city in Australia!My audio gear is:1. Onnce Analog TT,  made here in Aust
2.."the wand Arm " made in New Zealand, with a Zu/Denon 103, cartridge
3 .Phono stage, is PS Audio GPH4. Pre amp is PS Audio, stellar Pre/Dac5. Pair of audiolabs, mono blocks 2500 WPC
5 Zu Audio Soul MK 11 speakers!!Most of my  recordings, sould great, but there are a lot. that has good bass, but a harsh, sound overall!!I put this down to The Zu Cartridge, or the PS phono stage??I have never consider, the use of a "sub", as i don't no, how this worrks??Can you friends, give me a "heads up" ??.1. New cartridge??, yore input??
2. Different phono stage(I like a strong balls in the Bass)?3. Subs? I have no experience, with these, where do I place these??
Many thanks, any input would be appreciate !!
Regards
128x128daveyonthecoast
Set-up also includes torque on the mounting screws. I neglected this, and finally sprung for a torque screwdriver when I found that a Linn engineer had posted on this subject. It was discussed on a recent AGon thread - search for 'lube the nuts', which initiated some learned commentary.
Cartridge selection certainly makes a lot of different in the sound, but I also find that mating the right tube preamp with a SS power amp makes for a very smooth, detailed, musical sound. And usually even adds to the sound-stage.
Just a thot.

Dave 
Thanks Allfor your input, l can see where you are all going!!Most of you are right, I pulled a few records, from my collection( most of my LP's are mint) most are new, played once or twice, I have a huge collection!!, yes most of you are right, the best upgrade is the "sound engineer"!!e.g. I bought a second copy of " iron butterfly, ball", it was made I think 1967, It was made and recorded in the US, I know this, as on the back of the cover, it has the name, and address of the owner, on a printed label, so this ended up here in Sydney, Aust, approx 20 years ago, guess what, not one tick or pop!, and the recording is great, great bass with nice high's??Just thought, I give a example, of how albums, should be reordered!!! .It seems there is a trend, for young people, to buy vinyl, maybe for the wrong reasons, to be trendy, may be they like "pops and ticks" ,and a  cheap turntable, that's not "tuned" but I tell you, it is the best medium, by far, although, I have not heard a "tape reel machine"??I would still, like to know, more on you thoughts, about phono stages!!That has "balls and slam" without sounding harsh??Thanks againDavidAustralia

Consider a tube phono section. Generally speaking, they tend to sound smoother.
It will have plenty of slam as long as it has enough gain to work with your cartridge.