Vinyl VS Digital

After 20+ years I broke out my turn table from the 70's again.  I have been mostly listening to CD and streaming music for the last 15 years on higher end gear in a dedicated and treated home theater room.  I also have a dedicated two channel system in the same room.  

All the hype surrounding analog has prompted to me to purchase a dedicated preamp so that I could once again hook up my TT.  I also purchased an Aurlic Aries to compare.  I'm ready to upgrade my old Technics SL 1600 MK2 running a Grace Cartridge.  But I have concerns.  

I could care less about the additional hiss, crackle and Pop thats not in digital.  I think its cool to put on an album and just listen to my 30 year old small collection from when I was a teenager.    

I started doing A/B comparisons by switching between the TT and the Aries (FLAC).  I even bought new vinyl to do so.  The thing keeping me from going "All In" is the imaging.  No matter what I do with (aligning the cartridge), I cannot get the imaging to match that of digital.  Specifically, voice and instrument that stems from center stage with digital cannot be reproduced with the TT as source.  One might say the stage is wider but its too wide to point where definition is lost.  Don't get me wrong it still sounds good but is it right?  Is it my TT or is it in the recording.  Or is this the difference I am suppose to be hearing?

ap_wannabe
Indeed Mr. Wolfy. And it's also my understanding not everything is available to stream or be found on the net? 

To play your music, you have to have it in the first place, right? 

And also, if you are wanting to listen to something wouldn't most prefer to listen with the highest fidelity possible at the moment? 
wolf_garcia
I'm a "pan format" listener, but I bought some of my vinyl in the 60s ...
What is a "pan format?" Do you mean those early stereo records with the vocals panned all the way to one side and the instruments to the other? Those must be some of the most awful-sounding records ever, imo.
Well I am sticking with digital and going "all in."  After hearing PS Audio Direct Stream DAC at Axpona, reading reviews and doing further research, I am buying one.  I've read some audio geeks are giving up there analog rigs after getting one these. 

I really want an analog setup but the reality is I only have about 200 albums from 40 years ago.  I'd end up spending a fortune in records.

BTW Gold Note makes a killer Phono Preamp for the money.    
At this point why get rid of the records? You already kept them through the dark Winter of LP misery.The fact is if one changed their mind and wanted the LPs back, say in five years, They would cost you an arm and a leg. I can see if downsizing a home, or no place to keep them. I keep my 4,000 LPs on the bedroom wall! Just to leave room for ME in my living room. When I had 13,000 LPs, they took over the whole place..When I had to move, getting rid of half plus was a smart move. (almost all tossed were Classical, or dups) But now, even though I do not listen to them much, I would still do all the work of moving the 4000 gems I still own just to be able to play one when I get ’in the mood’.
I'm a bit confused:

Going "all" in for one doesn't mean having to give up the other. I can see not wanting to spend half on two as opposed to all on one. But why give up or get rid of something? 

Some choices just don't have to be made.

One way to maybe look at it...you have 200 albums. makes sense to at least have a bit invested to take advantage of being able to listen to them. 

Back in the day, the only reason it was important to me to have a CD rig was to have the most music available to me.