Power Cables

Is it necessary to use the same brand and model of power cables for the amp and pre-amp? Any thoughts about mixing and matching? I know it all comes down to how they sound, but would love to hear your inputs or tips to guide me in the selection.
ct221933

elizabeth

are you using Pangea through out your system? Keep me posted on this development.

Happy Listening!

Elizabeth,
Just curious what cable & connectors you put together that didn't work out for you. 
To mention for power off and how long amp plays.. My Bryston continues to play perfectly for slightly over three seconds from power off. Then it quickly stops playing.
For recent powercords, I bought 23’ of DH Labs and some basic Wattgate cryo’ed plugs. USed whole wire just to break it in, and put on amp. Right off rough, harsh. withing twenty minutes better. But even after a day, no better than the basic Pangea AC9 4 meter cord I had on the amp prior. I could have waited to see if any further break in would help but...
Two new Pangea AC14SE MKII Signature 5 meter arrived. I plugged one in to amp and right off, more detail better sound all around, more bass and midbass. Have to say there also was a slight edge to the sound. put second new AC on the preamp Which previously had a Pangea AC9SE original, not MKII.
(Both PRIOR pre and amp colds tried for sound, the SE did not make any difference on amp, so left AC9 on it. Pre AC9SE was better than AC14SE neither MKII version)
When I put back the AC9 on amp the sound was veiled and back to less bass and midbass. So definite improvement with the Signature.And after three days, the slight glare was gone.
I have a few more AC14SE Signature coming.            All my stuff has used Pangea PC for years.            
I wanted to see what a basic AC OFC wire powercord would be in comparison. So that is why I bought the DH Labs wire.(I seem to have used all my OEM cords as trade ins or tossed. LOL)
I do not know if I will buy any Pangea AC9SE MKII signature? Hope they have a sale or a trade in..$450 or one cord is more than I want to spend.
Power cords DO make a difference. I have gone through several. I wonder now if I was just trying to adjust for my room deficiencies? By this I mean, room acoustics.

I've been focusing on room acoustics for a few years. I find this aspect of "system building" is more rewarding and lasting, vs. the power cord of the week.