DO CABLES REALLY MATTER?

Yes they do.  I’m not here to advocate for any particular brand but I’ve heard a lot and they do matter. High Fidelity reveal cables, Kubala Sosna Elation and Clarity Cable Natural. I’m having a listening session where all of them is doing a great job. I’ve had cables that were cheaper in my system but a nicely priced cable that matches your system is a must.  I’m not here to argue what I’m not hearing because I have a pretty good ear.  I’m enjoying these three brands today and each is presenting the music differently but very nicely. Those who say cables don’t matter. Get your ears checked.  I have a system that’s worth about 30 to 35k retail.  Now all of these brands are above 1k and up but they really are performing! What are your thoughts. 
calvinj
I was really asking and not having any opinion at that time. I do not have it now, either, but will slowly start thinking about it. Maybe I come up with something meaningful (pro or contra your statement), although do not hold your breath for that.
@elizabeth  this all sounds plausible. Electromagnetic radiation is indeed at times a complex and mysterious phenomena.

However if we poor humans had only ever relied on our eyes and ears we couldn't be having this debate.

In pure sonic terms, if we can't hear it then in practical terms it doesn't matter.

Even worse, it's a waste of time and resources. Anyone for a solid gold cable?
I tell folks: If you can't hear it, why bother? when asking worrying questions like should I use expensive XY cables here or there? On the other hand some of us can hear differences. And a sold gold cable would SUUUUCK. Solid silver on the other hand.... Maybe. Though silver does cost more than copper.. might cost a lot.I personally was not thrilled with silver wires. I like copper, good ol' copper wires.

https://youtu.be/LUqUq-Dt814

I laugh every time i watch this.  I would get into the physics of a cable, but that wouldn't be any fun - instead us lurkers read, laugh, and eat popcorn.