Ohm Walsh Micro Talls: who's actually heard 'em?

Hi,

I'd love to hear the impressions of people who've actually spent some time with these speakers to share their sense of their plusses and minuses. Mapman here on Audiogon is a big fan, and has shared lots on them, but I'm wondering who else might be familiar with them.
rebbi
Hi Parasound, like you I've abstained from posting about my experience with the Ohms during this interim period. I've waited while they settled in. I've been moving them around a bit, adjusting the controls, and changing speaker cables, while waiting for them to reach their potential in my room. I have the Walsh 5 S-3's with prototype 5000 drivers. Mine were additionally modified by Ohm (John) for increased highs (treble and air). I never heard the Walsh 5 S-3 speakers before Ohm went to the 5000 drivers so I can't compare their performance to the previous Walsh 5 S-3's, but I've finally concluded these speakers are the best I've had in my house.

My Walsh 5 S-3 5000's (that's what I call them) excel at detail, high end, air, and midrange accuracy. The bass has not reached its potential in my room yet, but is also detailed, accurate, fast, with some weight. Using my current integrated amp and in this room, as yet they aren't playing with as much bass weight as they can. In my opinion my Blue Circle BmPh integrated is not sending the 5000's quite enough current to really move maximum air in the mid bass and low end. I'm in the process of getting a new integrated with more current and power that doubles down. Then I'll see (hear) what the 5000's can really do in the low end. Even now though I'm very happy with the 5000's because they're very resolving, with lots of detail and air and and now I appreciate what others have said about "the magic being in the midrange." Never heard such excellent, clear and detailed midrange performance before. These speakers are as clear as a bell. I'm sure the best is yet to come. I can highly recommend these latest generation drivers from Ohm.
Foster_9,

Thanks for the very interesting report! I'm delighted to hear that you're having such a good experience with your new speakers.

John told me a few months ago that EVENTUALLY (as in, within a year or so) driver upgrades to the new generation would be available for the rest of the Ohm Walsh line... I think he said they'd become available from the top of the line on down. I'll look forward to getting those upgraded drivers in my lowly 100's, too! ;-)
Thank you Rebbi! As my system developments continue with the 5000's I'll post updates to this outstanding Ohm thread. (the most informative anywhere!)
Thanks Foster. That was worth the wait

My master plan is to get the 100's after I move to Virginia next year (assuming I have a large enough room) and run the MWT's for surrounds. OR- get another pair of MWT's.

In either case, I'm pretty excited about what I read about the new drivers.

And yes- it seems that Ohm's like a lot of current. I also notice it in the mid-range region. The only word that comes to mind is 'smooth'.