Ohm Walsh Micro Talls: who's actually heard 'em?

Hi,

I'd love to hear the impressions of people who've actually spent some time with these speakers to share their sense of their plusses and minuses. Mapman here on Audiogon is a big fan, and has shared lots on them, but I'm wondering who else might be familiar with them.
rebbi
So you did EQ to flat and it does not sound good, I would agree with that statement. Then you said "the oppurtunity to A/B the options"

What are the options? If you do not want a flat response, what do you want?

Bob
Acoustat6 (Threads | Answers)
The option at the time I owned the Audio Control C-101 (with calibrated mic) was to press a bypass switch that took the EQ out of the system, thereby enabling me to hear the music with and without the EQ...hence the statement about the opportunity to A/B the options.

Bob, I own a Radio Shack Db meter as well as a Stereophile test tone CD and the Rives Audio test tone CD with corrected test tones for use with the RS meter.

See Almarg's post earlier in the thread with his explanation of why the RS meter is not useful for measuring in room response.

In any case, I'm no longer interested in measuring frequency response in my system. I've been there, done that, and much prefer setting up my system and speakers to produce sound that I find pleasing rather than what might be more technically correct for an objectivist, which I am not.
"How do you measure your room to determine if you have a flat response? I am interested to learn from your experience."

Bob
Acoustat6 (Threads | Answers)
Bob, I appreciate your desire to be helpful, however this question was directed to Kristian85. I would like to know specifically how *he* does it.
I'm at a loss on what is really meant by a flat room. For instance, if the room is flat (at the listening position) according to a mike/meter in witch the mike has been calibrated to be flat, then to the human ear the room will not sound flat, because human hearing is 'not' flat. Now if the mike is calibrated in such a was as to match the way human ear hears, then the room should truly sound flat. Or am I missing something?
Line -- That was a good reference you provided earlier. However what I think you are overlooking is that if the room is truly "flat," in whatever way that is best defined (taking into account both frequency response and arrival times), and the rest of the audio system is flat, and the recording process was flat, and the playback volume is realistic, then our non-flat ears will hear the sound in the same non-flat manner as they would have at the original event.

Which essentially is the goal.

Best regards,
-- Al
Al--I see. What I thing comes much closer to reaching that goal is to listen to binaurally recorded music with headphones. I wish there was a large selection of such recordings. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRih10xLhD8&feature=related.