Ohm Walsh Micro Talls: who's actually heard 'em?

Hi,

I'd love to hear the impressions of people who've actually spent some time with these speakers to share their sense of their plusses and minuses. Mapman here on Audiogon is a big fan, and has shared lots on them, but I'm wondering who else might be familiar with them.
rebbi
I'm at a loss on what is really meant by a flat room. For instance, if the room is flat (at the listening position) according to a mike/meter in witch the mike has been calibrated to be flat, then to the human ear the room will not sound flat, because human hearing is 'not' flat. Now if the mike is calibrated in such a was as to match the way human ear hears, then the room should truly sound flat. Or am I missing something?
Line -- That was a good reference you provided earlier. However what I think you are overlooking is that if the room is truly "flat," in whatever way that is best defined (taking into account both frequency response and arrival times), and the rest of the audio system is flat, and the recording process was flat, and the playback volume is realistic, then our non-flat ears will hear the sound in the same non-flat manner as they would have at the original event.

Which essentially is the goal.

Best regards,
-- Al
Al--I see. What I thing comes much closer to reaching that goal is to listen to binaurally recorded music with headphones. I wish there was a large selection of such recordings. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRih10xLhD8&feature=related.
Yes, I did the measurement thing years ago out of curiosity, and I also had an Audio Control auto EQ unit at one point. These days, I have no interest and just trust my ears.

I can add that increasing treble levels on Walsh 5s using the on-board adjustments do make the sound a tad more forward than otherwise based on my experience listening with different levels set on the Walsh 5 drivers.

A Walsh that sounds forward is probably having somewhat more of the overall sound being produced by the super tweeter rather than the Walsh driver, which, like most omnis I believe, is naturally laid back as a result of more sound being emitted towards the rear than most box designs.
Line -- Yes, I have two or three binaural recordings from the 1980's, and they are indeed awesome! Too bad that a lot more recordings aren't done that way.

I think though that the subjective results they provide will vary significantly from listener to listener. What the listener hears essentially depends on the physical and acoustical characteristics of the ears on the dummy head that was used in the recording process, which will deviate to different degrees from the hearing characteristics of different listeners.

Best regards,
-- Al