Ohm Walsh Micro Talls: who's actually heard 'em?

Hi,

I'd love to hear the impressions of people who've actually spent some time with these speakers to share their sense of their plusses and minuses. Mapman here on Audiogon is a big fan, and has shared lots on them, but I'm wondering who else might be familiar with them.
rebbi
BTW, I considered the older D-Sonic Icepower based amps at the time but ended up going with Bel Canto for significantly more cost. THe 10K input impedance rating of those older D-Sonics plus no special robust design for the Power supply to the IcePower module used were the main reasons. I use an ARC sp16 tube pre-amp. Who knows, maybe it would have worked out fine, butI have not regretted going the way I did. THe newer D-Sonics have more appeal for me, especially assuming the higher powered ones have 40K input impedance or higher. That is what I recall reading for Pascal Class D amp modules on the Pascal site, but not certain. Pascal amps also appeared to be stronger out of the box in terms of power supply, current delivery capabilities, and overall switching amp specs compared to older Icepower. Assuming those are what is used, I would expect the product to sound VERY good, at least if they live up to the specs on paper. Were I in the market for another amp today, the D-Sonics would be a much stronger contender than 2-3 years a go or so.
First question for me is what Class D amp modules D-Sonic uses now. Most of what I have read has been speculation

Reading info on Pascal site again, Pascal may not be the most impressive Class D amp out there on paper compared to other newcomers I have seen mentioned as possibilities for D-Sonics, especially for some tube or other higher output impedance pre-amps, but for the price are still certainly worth consideration in any case.
You are right but Wyred 4 Sound and other manufacturers include a buffer stage ahead of the Class D amp for the simple reasoning of increasing the input impedance, making it an easier match for tube preamps. I personally would prefer not to have the extra circuitry dressing and go all natural.
Mapman, your ARC SP16 tube preamp has a output impedance of 260 ohms. Using the simple rule of thumb that the input impedance of your amp should have at least 10 times or more, the output impedance of your preamp, 260 ohms * 10 = 2.6Kohm. At 10Kohm for the D-Sonic M2, your ARC tube preamp would have no problems whatsoever.
Tobe,

My approach in landing on the Bel Cantos was No Holds Barred, to try and land the best amps I could afford that looked best on paper. It worked out well, but you could be right, and I might have been able to save some dough accordingly.

I would like to compare the D-Sonic sometime. One may well be on my list again next time I am looking for an amp.

At least when the time comes, I feel I have a very excellent reference in place currently to compare others to.