Ohm Walsh Micro Talls: who's actually heard 'em?

Hi,

I'd love to hear the impressions of people who've actually spent some time with these speakers to share their sense of their plusses and minuses. Mapman here on Audiogon is a big fan, and has shared lots on them, but I'm wondering who else might be familiar with them.
rebbi
You are right but Wyred 4 Sound and other manufacturers include a buffer stage ahead of the Class D amp for the simple reasoning of increasing the input impedance, making it an easier match for tube preamps. I personally would prefer not to have the extra circuitry dressing and go all natural.
Mapman, your ARC SP16 tube preamp has a output impedance of 260 ohms. Using the simple rule of thumb that the input impedance of your amp should have at least 10 times or more, the output impedance of your preamp, 260 ohms * 10 = 2.6Kohm. At 10Kohm for the D-Sonic M2, your ARC tube preamp would have no problems whatsoever.
Tobe,

My approach in landing on the Bel Cantos was No Holds Barred, to try and land the best amps I could afford that looked best on paper. It worked out well, but you could be right, and I might have been able to save some dough accordingly.

I would like to compare the D-Sonic sometime. One may well be on my list again next time I am looking for an amp.

At least when the time comes, I feel I have a very excellent reference in place currently to compare others to.
I exchanged several emails with Dennis a couple of months ago inquiring about the amp modules he is now using and he did confirm he was moving away from the ICE modules in some of his amps, but he never answered a direct question. Honestly, I found the whole exchange frustrating and decided to move on. I understand not wanting to give away trade secrets but a bit of info is warranted I believe. For me, I already own a PS Audio ICE-based amp and I want to know what flavor of class-d I'm buying. It's too bad because I was ready to make a purchase.
Tobe,
My Placette is a volume control unit which uses Vashay resistors only. There is no other circuitry. I am running without any other preamp. IIRC it is 10k resistance and it works just fine with my B&K. I am not technically adept when it comes to electronics. When I get closer, I will ask Dennis about mating his amps to my system, of course.

Thanks for your input!