Ohm Walsh Micro Talls: who's actually heard 'em?

Hi,

I'd love to hear the impressions of people who've actually spent some time with these speakers to share their sense of their plusses and minuses. Mapman here on Audiogon is a big fan, and has shared lots on them, but I'm wondering who else might be familiar with them.
rebbi
Tobe,
My Placette is a volume control unit which uses Vashay resistors only. There is no other circuitry. I am running without any other preamp. IIRC it is 10k resistance and it works just fine with my B&K. I am not technically adept when it comes to electronics. When I get closer, I will ask Dennis about mating his amps to my system, of course.

Thanks for your input!
Your B&k EX442 amp input impedance is 24Kohm and the Placette passive preamp is rather high at 2Kohm output impedance but both should work fine together. At 10kohm input impedance for D-Sonic M2 the high end will begin to roll off. Yes talk to Dennis when you are ready to make the purchase.
Thanks. I was not aware there was much difference in amps' resistance. I don't want to add a preamp, but is that how to remedy the mismatch?
Wow...
After being gone a while due to some health issues I realized that the five hundred or so posts had swollen to an amazing 1800+ LOL

I wanted to chime in about anchoring the Ohm's to the floor with more then those laughable casters (sorry John).

To realize the full potential of these speakers something had to been done. As my listening room is on a raised floor
not concrete, I figured I had to build a platform that would couple the speakers to the floor properly. I tried some plywood... No good.

Then on to 1/2" thick marble slab that was ok (still sitting on those silly casters from the 70's).

At this point I figured the speakers deserved something overwhelmingly solid that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg.
I did call my metal warehouse that promptly told me that they would be more then happy to cut my aluminum bases to size....$1300 thank you!!

So after NOT discussing the cost with my wife, I decided on concrete as the price was agreeable, and making the molds was a snap :-)

As you can see in the image Speakers were painted in an automotive dark grey urethane, stand-off's in stainless steel. The bases added an amazing
110 lbs of mass, and I added an additional 4+inches worth of height.

I always loved my Ohm's, but there was the image height that totally screwed with my enjoyment as it sounded like...... short people music.

Now I have a rock solid, correct imaging height, and fantastic dynamics.

I also had John install Bybee speaker bullets inside the speakers.

This system does duty for stereo and surround sound and it is pretty amazing
considering how much I invested in the system.

Here's the images of my Ohm's...
http://s185.photobucket.com/user/m7tuning/media/Ohm1.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

http://s185.photobucket.com/user/m7tuning/media/Ohm2.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Peter
Coot, your Placette passive preamp is very highly regarded. You just need to be sure the amp you are getting has an input impedance higher than 20Kohm. Talk to Dennis, maybe his amps really are 60Kohm input impedance which would be perfect with your Placette passive preamp.