HELP B&W 802D or Revel Ultima Salon2

Hello everyone. I'm anticipating a speaker upgrade in the not too distant future and I would appreciate any experienced opinions. I have had the opportunity to audition the 802Ds at my local dealer twice in the past week. I can get a pilomotor erection (hair standing up on arms, chills, etc.) even now simply by remembering the experience. Quite an improvement from my current Mythos ST setup. I've finally experienced some of the things I've only read about up to this point!
Now I have to wonder how good it can get at this approx. price point. I've read the reviews on the Ultima Salon2s and wonder if I might be even happier with these.
(I do realize I would need additional amplification to properly drive them)Unfortunately none of the Revel dealers in the Dallas area have any available for audition.
There exists an opportunity to purchase a lightly used pair for about the same as a new pair of 802Ds.
I would especially like to hear from anyone who has experience with both.
Thanks to all in advance.
francodanco
Try to hear what Vandersteen and Magnepan offer before you write a check....If you are in New Jersey, Audioconnection has them both.
I'm planning on selling the 802 diamonds. I haven't sold anything yet. I tend to buy on Audiogon etc. and then hold 'em because I'm too lazy to pack stuff up and advertise. I'm sort of like a pawn shop that buys and never sells. The foam packing on the base of one of the B& W speakers was cracked and I need to get a replacement before shipping. What a pain.

Around here I have to basically buy speakers to demo them. I live in central Georgia and no place around here will carry high end (even Atlanta doesn't have much as far as I can tell).
Jeff you are accurate on your description of the B&W's, but part of your response to the Revels may be a function of amplification and/or the room. In my room (and it's a big one with high cathedral ceilings) the Revels seemed to me to have a more accurate low end (less “distortion” and forward presentation) than the B&W’s. They have a real "clarity" overall. I do like the “warmth” of the B&W’s though. No doubt. I wish I had a better descriptive vocabulary in the context of describing sound. Sometimes I feel like a person who like fine wine but who cannot express it. “This Chardonnay has the aromas of toasted oak and hints of vanilla.” Uh what? It tastes really good. Both of these speakers sound really good and it may be with a different room configuration the B&W’s might beat the Revels. When I get my man-shed (listening shed) built I’ll know more (but my ears might be shot). I'll sell the B&W's before that project is completed.
"I wish I had a better descriptive vocabulary in the context of describing sound. Sometimes I feel like a person who like fine wine but who cannot express it. “This Chardonnay has the aromas of toasted oak and hints of vanilla.” Uh what? It tastes really good."

Here ya go - study up on this -

http://www.stereophile.com/j_gordon_holt/50/index9.html

and pretty soon you'll be slingin' it with the best of 'em!
Hey Jeff, if you interested in the 802d's email me. And we can talk "offline" Email is nbeadles@charter.net. Couldn't figure out a way to contact you directly in Audiogon.

P59teitel: thanks for the link - I will read up on it. I still won't have confidence in my opinions even though it is a good starting point. The Revels do have less coloration (in my opinion) and a wide sound stage. The highs are clear and cohesive without being too forward. I would say they were ruthlessly accurate. They are like a woman with very little makeup. If the original recording is good it will sound good,if not then not. The speakers "reveal" that fact; they do not "mask" the sound.