Buying large audio equipment

Hey Guys,

After purchasing some sweet Polk audio tweeters from Amazon, I'm now one step away from completing our "home theatre" system. Only thing left is a nice woofer but as I was about to get it from Amazon, I literally removed it from the cart. The only thing that's holding me back is the size.

I don't purchase large electronics online. Just because of safety reasons and the annoyance that may come with returning or exchange the product etc.  I trust Amazon and love how they release an invoice right away but still . . .

Have you guys ever bought any large audio equipment online. Is it a safe bet? Or am I better off just walking into a BestBuy, etc.
jumperboy
I bought a 6K McIntosh preamp and a 6.5K McIntosh integrated online.  Over 100 pounds each with no worries or problems.
Good to hear Stereo5 - I guess it's time for me to be more trustworthy of all this online hoopla. Thanks for sharing! PS: Nice pre-amp! A bit out of my budget but yeah. Good for you :)
If the item ships from the manufacturer - or the Amazon warehouse, then all should be ok.   If it ships from a private party, I’d pass - unless they prove that they have the original packing materials.  Double-boxing is a good thing.  There are many horror stories of shipping damage.
Just look it over top-to-bottom when it arrives. If there is obvious damage, simply refuse delivery and make drive note on receipt.
Also, all Amazon items are returnable if D.O.A., I believe...