What’s in a watt

Ok guys, here’s my current dilemma. 

I’m running my TV into an OPPO BDP-105D, which in turn is plugged into my MA6500. AppleTV is my main music/tv source, so now, we have 4 different components in play for the system. I’m running Focal 1028BE II with a pair of Velodyne VX-11 subs hooked onto the pre out from the Mac. 

Not a high priced system, but it sounds great in my smallish living room and I can (and do) listen for hours on end without fatigue.

The problem: the OPPO is on the fritz and is no longer made or supported. The other problem: while she knows how to use the system, my wife finds it to be a pain in the ass. The OPPO randomly powering off was the last straw. She watches TV on her phone and listens through AirPods when I’m not home to avoid all the components. 

I’m building a separate theatre room, so the system were discussing is strictly 2 channel w/subs. 

Ive been eyeing the Anthem STR Integrated as a good option to centralize the whole system into one box. Then, the Naim Unity line was recommended to me and it looks really intriguing. The Anthem is in the high end range for what I would like to spend, about $4500. This puts the Unity Atom in my sights. My concern is that at 40 watts, I might come up short with certain types of music, especially if we move to a bigger home.

I’ve been told that ‘Naim watts’ are superior to other watts and that it’s 40 would outperform the 120 in my MA6500 but I’m skeptical and don’t want to short change myself in the long run for ease of use now. 

I’d love to get the communities thoughts and recommendations on what a good direction or solution to current situation might be. 

Thanks!
hybrid81
Very insightful stuff, Auxinput. I agree that Focals, at least the Electras, can be harsh and or lean with the wrong amplification. Found that out when I paired them with an Emotiva at one point.

Im starting to think that perhaps just replacing the OPPO would be a better way to go. DAC/Streamer combo that runs into the Mac might get the job done.

So many options. I really like the idea of room correction, but I’m pretty happy with how the system is dialed in right now...for the most part. Except that wifey would prefer one box to rule them all. Ugh. 
Few things with the Hint:

1. No room correction. I feel like I’d really like to give that a go as my listening space is less then ideal. 
2. It is, in my humble opinion, butt ugly. 
3. I do like the individual sub and tone controls.
4. Good power that should be more then enough for now and later.
5. No network adapter that I could see. 

The price is not bad, but I feel like it has a lot of stuff I won’t use, like USB, a bunch of analog inputs, and a bunch of balanced inputs and outputs. 

Certianly something to consider though. The Lyngdorf has moved to the top of the list for the moment. I’m looking to get an in home demo of that unit hopefully today. The Anthem is next on the list for now because of the similar price point, more power, and room correction. It also has lots I don’t need, but more that I’d like to have.
That is awsome that you’re getting an in-home demo of the Lyngdorf! Let us know what you think when you hear it!   Regarding the Anthem, the difference between 170 watts and 200 watts is not anything that you would be able to tell the difference on.  It would mainly be about sonic signature differences between Lyngdorf and Anthem.
Oh crud, I missed the fact that the Lyngdorf 170 watts is at 4 ohms.  This is a lot less than the Anthem, which is rated 400 watts at 4 ohms.   The Anthem will definitely be able to handle the impedance drops of your Focal speaker much better, but of course, it all depends on how you feel about the Lyngdorf sound.