recommendation for speaker wire to soften the highs if possible

Hello,
I need help. My problem is my system sounds harsh on the highs to me. Not extremely bad, but enough that I need to fix it. My system consists of Ryan 610's, oppo Sonica Dac, and a Belles 150a hotrod amp. Speaker wires being used are old monster cable from the 90's. I also have monster cable rca. I mostly stream through Tidal. My question is can I make the desired effect by switching cables or should I add  a tube amp or pre amp. My budget on the wire would be around 300.00
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
128x128gunmetalzin
Who could say they disagree with the Gingerbread Man?"" Run, run as fast as you can! You can't catch me. I'm the Gingerbread Man! ""                                       
Never the less, watch out for Foxes...
Nevertheless, nevertheless is one word. ;-)

OP, I assume you are streaming "hifi" $20 pm from Tidal.

Do this and I guarantee you’ll be amazed. Replace your Monster wire with 14/2 Romex from Home Depot. Be careful not to score the copper when you trim the insulation.
@erik_squires  +1
Room first, then electronics, then cables.

@gunmetalzin - what version of Monster? They made many @ multiple price points.

Where are the speakers placed in what shaped and how furnished room? At what height relative to ears. Try sitting lower or higher. Forward / back

Try angling the speakers and / or tilting them back. Try reversing L & R to have tweets inboard or outboard.

You may want to try replacing the HF bi-wire link with a 5Ω 5W resistor and see if it helps.

Ignore most everything else here.
I suggest thinking of your audio system as a whole. Something is causing harshness. There are two ways to treat that.

First, as Elizabeth suggested, attenuate the offending HF with ferrite beads. Cheap, easy, and probably effective, unless your speakers are the offending component.

Second, find the source of the harshness and fix it, usually by replacing something. Ultimately that will give better sound, and so I do it - but that's because the bug bites me daily. Warning: it's time consuming and costly, because it could be source, amplification, speaker, room.

To test the speaker cable hypothesis, do as noromance suggested.