$10k Speaker Cables??????????????

Where does this madness end??? My friend the editor reviews this craziness!!
https://www.soundstageaustralia.com/index.php/reviews/209-in-akustik-referenz-ls4004-air-loudspeaker...

Cheers George
128x128georgehifi
I would like to insert a moment of calm. Breathe in.. savor the moment... breathe out.. relax... Breathe in... breathe out...Anyway, one comment I would like to toss in is gradual improvements.. Years go by... For example...
I spent a considerable sum back in 2010 when I retired. Bought speakers, amp preamp...
2 years goes by, during which I buy used Power conditioner, another used power conditioner. a few power cords, (low priced ones, but still aftermarket)
Year goes by, another year goes by.. Maybe even a third year goes by.. I decide finally time to buy some fancy IC. I try one looks interesting. OK, I buy a few more over the next six months.Year goes by, I want more, buy VERY expensive IC, kind of important on, (7 meters from pre to amp). Six month later I buy two more short ones. another year goes by, I buy yet two more of them.(I like them)2018 January.. I have five grand in the bank.. Think well, do I want new speakers? I think get 3.7i Magnepan to replace my 3.6??? After pondering for a month, I decide to just go for the big jump, no lateral move for me. I decide to by Magnepan 20.7s.Then after a few more months I buy a new SACD/DAC device. Then a few upgraded powercords, still cheap ones, considering, but spent $1,600 Enough. A few more months and I get the urge to buy a few fancy duplex. Notice I am on a roll here, shades of 2010.
Oh yes, did you notice. NO new Speaker cables?
Now I know several folks will scorn me for NOT buying some, and the other half dozen would scorn if I did. Do I care? Breathe in... relax... breathe out... Are we having fun yet?The point I was slowly and steadily Breathe in.... Breathe out... making is TIME. Most folks spend a very great deal of time gathering all the audio junk they possess. If you noticed, in my years, one odd purchase, a $3,200 interconnect. This was a big deal for me, but it was worth it. Maybe for someone else it might have been a $10,000 pair of speaker cables? Maybe it was the only purchase in several years? Just a consideration.
Boxes of fancy wires......that is what this hobby is. Spend a few bucks, spend thousands....but don’t be fooled you are buying boxes of fancy wires.
What the world needs is a better mouse 🐁 trap. Build a better mouse 🐁 trap and they will beat a path to your door. The sales of aftermarket premium fuses has not slowed down, it has not tapered off, or stopped. It has accelerated. That’s why the total of fancy fuses is at currently at least 80,000, and accelerating. The great majority of which are HiFi Tuning and Synergistic Research fuses, but a tip of the hat 🎩 to Audio Magic Beeswax 🐝 and Isoclean, you know, the one for fuse paranoids who worry about UL listing.
My mousetrap was just building a WALL. The mice would wander.. I made a 4" tall cardboard wall across the floor, except at one wall, were I placed an empty standard mousetrap. The wall made the mouse step on/over on the trap. BLAM SNAP! dead mouse(s).That was in my last residence. The current place I had killed over 40 mice in 3 years.. Now they chose to annoy some other person less interested in murdering them. The caretaker seemed to not care, I even nailed mice to his door, handed him live ones in a jar. Nope.
As for wires.... Jeesh like no one KNEW they were buying wires? Who would have guessed? Maybe they thought they were buying "Audio Jewelry"? or Classic Action Figures? or Fine Art? or 'Investing in Gold"
The cable debate goes on.  Do what works for you. I’m that makes you love what you hear buy what you can afford. You judge the fidelity and if it sounds good do it.