Insiders check in

Why did I pay $10 for this? πŸ€”
Am I a cool kid now? 😎😎😎
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xd2girls
Speaking of Geoff, I recall that he reached 10,000 posts in mid-June of this year. He’s now up to 12,720 as of a few minutes ago. So in the past approximately 150 days he’s averaged about 18 posts a day. Nearly all of them being some combination of worthless and/or insulting, IMO.

My perception is that post rate represents a considerable increase relative to years past. Just guessing, but I wonder if that may be a consequence of having been banned at some other forum.

In any event, I’ve adopted a policy of avoiding any interaction with him, and for the most part avoiding the kinds of controversial threads he tends to gravitate to. Most of those threads not having much if any practical value anyway.

Best regards,
-- Al

Unfortunately I do have a bad habit of being sucked into GK arguements, much against my better judgement. Must try harder.

I do tend to visit some of the threads he inhabits as the threads themselves can be intriguing until trashed.

From my own posting viewpoint I generally have little to offer on any technical side( unless you want to talk 460v heavy manufacturer electronics!).
I also try not to offer too much in the way of opinions as they can be as much help as rubbing salt in open wounds.

If I have actual ownership experience then sure I will contribute and hopefully it helps somebody.

Mostly nowadays I stick to music threads and my own threads where I am usually asking questions and looking for assistance.

BTW, Uberwaltz, kudos for your crusade against the ridiculous misuse and overuse of unpleasant emojis by another member. I can recall a couple of times that member has even posted an emoji depicting a hand with a raised middle finger, in response to reasonable and polite requests of various kinds that were made to him by others.

As you put it at one point, that member’s emojis have helped to turn a number of threads into travesties.

Best regards,
-- Al
Thx Al.

Sometimes a simple smilie emoji does not hurt much but some of the deeply stupid and offensive emojis being employed would even be out of place on Farcebook!

And of course not to be outdone GK rushes to try and "out emoji" them!

We can but try