Setting up 2 power amplifiers to setup at once help?

Hey guys I’m using a pair of Polk rti a7s with a Denon Poa 2800 amplifier and Denon receiver 2801. I just bought another power yamha PC2002M power amplifier which has a little more kick then the denon 2800. But I will be giving the denon 2800 to my dad when he gets back from his trip. I just want to know is it possible to hook up the 2 power amps to my setup at once ? And is it worth will I see a big difference in sound quality and performance ? I’m just curious and want to do a bit of experimenting only if it’s possible? Don’t want to risk blowing anything up. Thanks guys

Tony
daoki
Might consider using the 2801 to power the highs for your speakers and the 'sub' out from the 2801 into the Yamaha to power the lows. 

Make sure there is no bridge between the speaker inputs. 
If you can dial in the crossover freq. start at lowest and move up to level that works. If not available set front speakers to "small" (which I would do anyway). 
Wow. A lot of things to consider. Appreciate all user comments and feedback. Probably going to do a bit more further reading and research before I attempt anything just to make sure I take every step with precaution and th advice you guys have given me. So it can be done without and active cross over? And unidentical amps. Considering that @almarg has mentioned that the gains are almost identical ?
Might consider using the 2801 to power the highs for your speakers and the 'sub' out from the 2801 into the Yamaha to power the lows.
Imo, it's not a good idea, you don't want to use a active crossover in the receiver and the passive crossover in the speakers at the same time.
Use a pair of 'Y' rca cable connect the FRONT R/L pre-out to both power amp input.

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB14A.3RpXXXXa6XVXXq6xXFXXXU/ATAUDIO-HIFI-Single-RCA-to-Dual-RCA-Subwoof...

"Imo, it's not a good idea, you don't want to use a active crossover in the receiver and the passive crossover in the speakers at the same time. "

I am curious why you think this. You are simply sending a signal that has passed a low-pass filter to another filter that should pass that signal (if set low enough). 

I can see a situation where the signal sent from the 
receiver is too 'low' for the difference between the frequency ranges of the low to mid speakers, which is why I advised to dial it up till it sounds full. seems like this method would allow you to better control the low end. 

On the other hand I see no issue with doing it like you suggested (as I have done both) except it is harder to control the 'amount' of low end.