MQA is Legit!

Ok, there is something special about MQA.  Here is my theory:  MQA=SACD.  What do I mean by this?  I mean that since there might be the "perception" it sounds better, then there is way more care put into the mastering and the recording.   Of course I have Redbook CD's that sound just as good (although they tend to be "HDCD" lol)... Bottom line:  a great recording sounds great.  I wish more labels and artists put more time into this--it's great to hear a song for the 1000th time and discover something new.  

What are your thoughts on MQA and SACD?
waltertexas
When it comes to CD quality, it is really based on how the CD was recorded. For example;
-AAD- analog recording, analog mixing, digital transfer
-ADD- analog recording, digital mixing, digital transfer
-DDD- Digital recording, digital mixing, digital transfer
All things being equal, the more D’s the better the recording and sound. 
MQA takes it another step further in the digital form to produce the best Web base sound. Nothing compares in my opinion. Now when you talk about the purest recordings, I feel that Albums and DAT’s sound the best.
Every person has a different taste of sound. Put aside reading about technology in a brochure and think about how we enjoy music as a whole and sounds best to us in the purest form we desire and listen to.
Hale to the music
-AAD- analog recording, analog mixing, digital transfer
-ADD- analog recording, digital mixing, digital transfer
-DDD- Digital recording, digital mixing, digital transfer
All things being equal, the more D’s the better the recording and sound.
You could start World War 3 with this kinda statement in an audiophile forum....  ;^)
Actually how a CD sounds depends on many factors, like how much it was compressed during mastering, whether the CD is in correct Polarity, whether the physical disc is out of round, whether it’s been treated, whether it’s been cryo’d. Things of that nature.
This thread reads like a political argument. It's clear people have chosen their "camps" and are digging in. I for one just got back into this hobby fairly recently and barely knew what MQA even was. I purchased a PS Audio DSJr to facilitate streaming music and have been loving the instant selection at hand with my new Tidal subscription. I listened to a few albums that really made my ears perk up and say "damn that sounds better than I ever remember." Turns out, they were MQA files. So while the naysayers love to scream "placebo" and "confirmation bias" I wonder if you aren't suffering from the opposite version of the same biases. I mean, if you want to say MQA is garbage technology, please explain to me how any digital music isn't inherently garbage since it all has to be converted back to analog anyway. I have no dog in this fight, all I know is the MQA albums I listened to sounded better to me *before I even knew they were MQA*