Martin Logan speakers

Are Martin Logan speakers still considered to be high quality speakers?   (I have an opportunity to buy a used pair of Vistas)   I have an old Audio Research VT130 amplifier.    Would it be a good fit with the Martin Logans?  If not, what would be better, but not outrageously expensive?   
jcder
Here’s what ML says about the Montis’ woofer:

" Montis uses an extremely precise 24-bit Vojtko™ DSP engine in conjunction with a powerful 200-watt class-D amplifier to deliver a stunningly detailed low-frequency performance reaching down to 29Hz—uncommon in cabinets this compact"

I know that ML speakers do not have the tightest bass available, I have owned speakers with tighter bass, but ML is aware of the problem of the bass lagging and overshooting and work to optimize their bass response. Other manufacturers may do it better, but I still don’t hear an awful, lagging or bloated bass from MLs. I find the bass control to be very respectable and tuneful. Not at all "one note." I do not have golden ears and I’m not a bass freak, though.
I haven't heard the 13A or 15A Expressions yet.

But I do know this about my Montis setup...... Went to 2 Stereo separated REL S3 subs right next to the Montis and tuned them to accommodate the speaker, not overwhealm it.

Have a Krell KSA-200S currently driving the Montis, and with the addition of the 2 RELs, full bodied sound that seems like it would cost four times as much to achieve.

I wouldn't buy too old a Martin Logan speaker.
They are very reliable recently and you can get some great deals on ones that aren't too old. I had A TUBE AMP for 5 years on a set of ML ESLs. Sweet sound, but nothing like Krell amp with my tube preamp combo.
sorry to be joining this conversation so late, but was a wondering what y'all think of pairing a denon avrx7200w with a pair of ESL 9s. will that amp have enough power? i can bi-amp the speakers, but just not sure...

much thanks in advance for your input!