Class D is affordable and sounds as good or better the SS/Valve why buy anything else ?

I have spent a fair amount of my hard earned money on big ticket brand new SS and VT/Valve amplifiers over the years without hesitation, with state of the art 2019 class D amplifiers becoming cheaper and sounding better, i wouldn't join in again.

For older technology amplifiers SS VT/Valve to compete with State of the art class D, Their prices are going up and up.

One example is Pilium Audio from Greece or Bulgaria their Divine Line the prices are all over £100,000 for their pre amps and power amps, I know the UK importer he said they sound OK,

Another example FM Acoustics again up to and over £100,000 for pre and power amps. i have owned FM Acoustics pre and power again their OK,

I am not saying they do not sound good, i am saying why spend this much when state of the art class D probably sounds as good now and can only improve with the GaN capacitors and is nearly up to 100 times cheaper.

Is there still a market for multi thousand £$s SS or VT/Valve amplifiers ?

When class D finally overtakes SS VT/Valves what will people do with their multi thousand £$ amplifiers, keep them knowing there is something better ? Or will we see the market flood with exotic used amplifiers ?

Digital technology is rapidly growing pace and becoming cheaper, with GaN capacitors being introduced the sound is going to get better and better and will slowly or quickly become even more affordable.

If you had 50,000 to spend on an Amplifier, would you buy a high ticket SS amplifier and hope for the best ?

Would you stay safe and go with high ticket valve amp, class D can never match good valves right ?

Or would you sit tight and see how the GaN capacitors can further improve the performance of state of the art class D ?

Please feel free to join in, everybody is welcome, i think its a very delicate/touchy discussion for some people with big bucks invested in older type amplifiers.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xtownshend-audio
Well, I didnt know that and I guess its kind of late for the change! Im very sorry hearing it now! 

Honestly, Im a little bit tired of tweaking and upgrading my system. I will run and burn all of my new gear, including my new Gustard U16, then I will voice again my system with Dirac and I will just enjoy music as I never heard it like I do today. 

As it is said on another threads, sometimes we, the audiophiles, spend so much time and money on this hobbie that we forget to enjoy music and we spend all of our time just listening and tweaking our system. IMHO, its not too smart. 
I wouldn't worry about it. They are both great amps. Colin contacted me about rebranding my DAC under the Nord brand recently. I counter-offered to build him a digital input amp instead, but he declined. Probably a decision he will regret. 
I have had no enjoyment from sub-$2K class D amps (Red Dragon and Nuforce) -- too bright and ultimately something was missing in the sound.  My pal had a pair of Nuforce Ref 9 V3 Se mono amps, which he at first preferred to his reference Krell KSA 200S class A amp, but tired of the Nuforce amps quickly and sold them, very disappointed in the upgrade.  He recently got a pair of Merrill Audio Thor class D mono's and had this to say about them:  

"I just listened to my Merrill Audio Thor mono amps. They are amazing. They sound better than my Krell KSA 200S amp. They’re more articulate, sweet, better bass, Better imaging, soundstage etc. etc."  

In spite of my experience with Class D amp, the Merrill's and a few others might be game changers.  Me, I have a Don Sachs KT88-based tube amp being delivered on Tuesday so I am going the opposite direction!  I do think class D is gonna be the standard in the future, more or less.  I thought the same thing about digital music, yet more and more folks seem to gravitate to analogue so what do I know?
The class D technology in the amps you mentioned is over 10 years old. Class D technology has progressed lightyears over the last 10 years. This is kinda like saying I drove a 2008 Toyota Prius and I didn't like it. So a 2019 Tesla is probably no good as well. 
Post removed