The best CD Player for the money

I AM IN THE PROCESS OF BUYING A CD PLAYER AND I DONT KNOW WHICH WAY TO GO.WITH SO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM I WANT TO PURCHASE SOMETHING GOOD BUT I DONT WANT TO SPEND 10,000 EITHER.
jazze22
I was scanning all the responses and I did not see an Oppo 95
Although it is not strictly speaking a cd player but a universal
Player and does everything just right. I have owned one for 1 month
Only and I'm warming up dearly to the sound and picture
I've heard an oppo once at an audio show. I had high expectations and was very disappointed. I was not familiar with any of the gear in the rig though, so a good chance it was not the Oppo's fault. The gear looked a lot better than it sounded (horns of some sort I think but can't recall exactly). Very flat and lifeless I thought which was not what I was expecting prior to hearing.
I think this may be the best budget cd for the money.

http://www.slipperybrick.com/2007/09/cd-player-shoe/
If I had less than $1000, I'd go with the NAD 565.

If I had less than $5000, I'd go (and did eventually go with) the AMR CD-777. After owning various CD players from Ayon, Acoustic Research, McIntosh, Docet-Lector, Meridian, Bryston,and Wadia, I can honestly say my search for a decent redbook CD spinner ends here.

Addendum: I wouldn't call either the 'best for the money'. That title remains unclaimed as far as I'm concerned. I just like what the NAD and AMR do at their respective price points.